If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another new TV advice thread!

Options
  • 04-01-2021 4:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Hi
    I’m looking for a decent mid range TV in the 49-50 inch range. I have a Netflix account and a Virgin Media 360 box. I watch a lot of sports (football,Golf and GAA mainly)but apart from that it’s just the kids using it to watch Paw Patrol or whatever and the wife watching her soaps and then obviously watching stuff from Netflix.
    I’m just looking for something that is a bit of an all rounder that is going to give me a more than decent picture quality but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
    I currently have an LG that is only a few years old(not bought from you guys) but it has developed a screen fault the last while.
    I’m not really sure if I would purchase another LG because of this and my sisters TV which was also an LG failed on her also after only a couple of years.
    So really I want the best picture quality I can get for around the €400-€600 range if that was possible. Would like to install an IPTV app on it also but not a deal breaker as I have a Amazon Firestick 4K.
    I’m in County Cork,I’m sure there is no issue getting it delivered to there?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sparksman wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m looking for a decent mid range TV in the 49-50 inch range. I have a Netflix account and a Virgin Media 360 box. I watch a lot of sports (football,Golf and GAA mainly)but apart from that it’s just the kids using it to watch Paw Patrol or whatever and the wife watching her soaps and then obviously watching stuff from Netflix.
    I’m just looking for something that is a bit of an all rounder that is going to give me a more than decent picture quality but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
    I currently have an LG that is only a few years old(not bought from you guys) but it has developed a screen fault the last while.
    I’m not really sure if I would purchase another LG because of this and my sisters TV which was also an LG failed on her also after only a couple of years.
    So really I want the best picture quality I can get for around the €400-€600 range if that was possible. Would like to install an IPTV app on it also but not a deal breaker as I have a Amazon Firestick 4K.
    I’m in County Cork,I’m sure there is no issue getting it delivered to there?
    Thanks.
    Hi Sparksman.

There are a few sets that are worth looking at :)

There is the Philips 50PUS7805 priced at 479 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Also at 50" is the Hisense 50U7QFTUK coming in at 569 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204861-hisense-50u7qftuk-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx

LG have their 50UN73006 priced at 449 Euro (All our televisions come with our VIP 6 year guarantee included free of charge so this show take awy the worry of a set going fault after just a year or 2).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204697-lg-50un73006la-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

There is usually a Samsung in the mix too but its temporarily out of stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Sparksman

Hi thanks!
    Which one would you recommend for having the best picture quality or are they all pretty much the same at this price range?
    Picture quality is pretty important to me but I do realise at my price range I won’t get top end specs.
    Also what’s the Samsung you haven’t in stock, I don’t mind waiting if that was better than the others.
    Really to be honest I’ll go on your recommendation so no pressure hey! :)

Hi thanks!
    Which one would you recommend for having the best picture quality or are they all pretty much the same at this price range?
    Picture quality is pretty important to me but I do realise at my price range I won’t get top end specs.
    Also what’s the Samsung you haven’t in stock, I don’t mind waiting if that was better than the others.
    Really to be honest I’ll go on your recommendation so no pressure hey! :)
    Hi Sparksman.

The best picture of the 3 above would be the Hisense to be honest.

The Samsung would be a 50TU8500 coming in at around 599 Euro

Thanks. And the Hisense compared to the Samsung?

Thanks. And the Hisense compared to the Samsung?
    Hi Sparksman.

The Samsung would be better.

There is no current ETA for the Samsung's arriving and we are chasing this directly with Samsung.

• Advertisement

Hi Sparksman.

There is no current ETA for the Samsung's arriving and we are chasing this directly with Samsung.

Thanks Kenny. I’ll have a think and get back to you. The Hisense might be good enough for my needs.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Sparksman.

Thanks Kenny. I’ll have a think and get back to you. The Hisense might be good enough for my needs.
    No problem, keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hey, I was just trying to order the Hisense based on this thread but it is saying out of stock? Is that correct? :(

cian8 wrote: »
    Hey, I was just trying to order the Hisense based on this thread but it is saying out of stock? Is that correct? :(
    Hi Cian8.

I have only the one of the Hisense 50U7 left in stock so it was dropped off of the website.

If you want to make the purchase drop me your contact number and we can give you a call to finalise the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hi Cian8.

I have only the one of the Hisense 50U7 left in stock so it was dropped off of the website.

If you want to make the purchase drop me your contact number and we can give you a call to finalise the order.
    PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi Cian8.

PM sent
    Hi Cian8.

WE will call you ASAP :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.