Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Yeah it's a minimum of 14 eg 6.6 + 6.6 in old format was OK but it adds up to 13.2 so not eligible, 6.6 + 7.4 or 7.6 etc is OK as its 14 or above

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Hi Folks, how do you get your members Jan 1st WHS handicaps to help work out panels. There used to be the cup and shields report have asked our Club manager who would be very clued in with handicap master, BRS and Masterscoreboard but she was not able to get me anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

Whens draws for 2021 due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

Hi Folks, how do you get your members Jan 1st WHS handicaps to help work out panels. There used to be the cup and shields report have asked our Club manager who would be very clued in with handicap master, BRS and Masterscoreboard but she was not able to get me anything.

No such report available at the moment, Golf Ireland say they are working on it. There is a Inter-club Team Members report but this means having to put every player into the report to see what there HI was on Jan 1st, which is a nightmare to do if you have alot of players to check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I was going to say as above was the best i had found for you.

I printed out our handicap list as at January 1st just in case we needed them. Now looks like that was a good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Poker Face wrote: »
    No such report available at the moment, Golf Ireland say they are working on it. There is a Inter-club Team Members report but this means having to put every player into the report to see what there HI was on Jan 1st, which is a nightmare to do if you have alot of players to check
    Hi yea we did that a bit of a chore but it was the best we could do. We got an e mail back ths morning from Golf Ireland saying that they are very aware of the issue and have flagged it for sorting with the software provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I printed out our handicap list as at January 1st just in case we needed them. Now looks like that was a good call.

We did that but then we discovered that in the handicap transfer, a number of our members away scores didn't get processed. I had to go back and manually add in the adjusted gross for all affected members. Pain in the arse but it had to be done to be sure that members had the right handicaps as of Jan 1st. It actually ended up costing us someone who would definitely have been a Junior Cup panel member but his scores were missing, so they had to go in.

Then I ran the report as given above. I didn't find it too painstaking but I'd be a quick typist

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Neewollah

Quick question regarding eligibility for teams considering the changes that came in regarding handicaps this year.

Does someone still have to have played 3 qualifying events in the previous year to be eligible for interclub teams this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Neewollah wrote: »
    Quick question regarding eligibility for teams considering the changes that came in regarding handicaps this year.

Does someone still have to have played 3 qualifying events in the previous year to be eligible for interclub teams this year?

No, just hold handicap at Jan 1st

There is a report you can run for whole team that will have Jan1st handicap

• Advertisement

gypsy79 wrote: »
    No, just hold handicap at Jan 1st

There is a report you can run for whole team that will have Jan1st handicap

Thanks gypsy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Does any other club have issues with team managements? Some of the selections for our teams beggar belief. We have guys playing up a grade if you know what I mean like Purcell eligible playing Bruen, intermediate scratch golfers playing junior cup etc

slingerz wrote: »
    Does any other club have issues with team managements? Some of the selections for our teams beggar belief. We have guys playing up a grade if you know what I mean like Purcell eligible playing Bruen, intermediate scratch golfers playing junior cup etc

could be team members themselves. We have often in the past had eligible players drop themselves off the panels left, right and centre. Its not always easy being a team manager :)

We get a lot of good golfers drop themselves off panels for varying reasons and you often end up with guys off slightly higher handicaps. Very hard to get all the guys you need interested.

We generally carry large enough panels and have practice rounds where scores are kept and lads are generally picked on those rounds and the weekend competitions.

Teams can change quite a lot as lads go in and out of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

We get a lot of good golfers drop themselves off panels for varying reasons and you often end up with guys off slightly higher handicaps. Very hard to get all the guys you need interested.

We generally carry large enough panels and have practice rounds where scores are kept and lads are generally picked on those rounds and the weekend competitions.

Teams can change quite a lot as lads go in and out of form.

This is more he’s picked 8 possible pairings and cut everyone else adrift. Causing a bit of aggro and def not good for club morale. Any experience of resolving such issues

Manager picks the pairings that he think will win him the competition. If the team wins, then he's done the right thing. if the team gets battered early on, then he rightly gets ostracized.

There's nothing that can really be done. Club Captain has picked the manager that he thinks will win him a pennant and you just have to accept that

slingerz wrote: »
    This is more he’s picked 8 possible pairings and cut everyone else adrift. Causing a bit of aggro and def not good for club morale. Any experience of resolving such issues

Thats not easy. To be honest it was the same in my own club for a long time. I hadn't been on any team in years yet I was comfortably better than most getting selected...as were others. They had a closed shop on things. Results were poor for years and there was finally a shake up last year. New managers brought a more open selection process. It was ruthless we could have 4 or 5 lads dropped from 1 match to the next depending on form. But I loved that as it kept everyone on their toes and all casual rounds were competitive.

If their are issues within the club it should probably be brought to the committee to look at how to.improve things.

We pretty much have everyone who's eligible for each team added to WhatsApp groups and lads then express whether they have an interest from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Going by today's rumours re: nphet and the government, looks like spectators will be allowed to attend in June ( up to 200)

Pierce Purcell and I assume others which were foresome have reverted to foresome so the powers that be don't see any risk in touching each others balls.

Next can we get rid of the caddy mates and put the rakes back in the bunkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Still no caddies whatsoever in the interclubs so some precautions are still being taken. Personally I think this should be retained, particularly in the early stages of the competitions as they can be desperately slow when caddies are involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Are clubs allowing practice rounds for interclub? We are playing against a well known Dublin club away, but aren't allowing any practice rounds.

we are allowed practice in our opposing club

last year we had well known dublin clubs not allowing practice

willabur wrote: »
    we are allowed practice in our opposing club

last year we had well known dublin clubs not allowing practice

I assumed it would be mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Practise rounds are not mandatory., solely at the discretion of each club.

For foursomes golf Ireland are recommending each player driving uses their own ball and they mark and replace on greens. No penalty for non compliance. This was advised on their club managers webinar early in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Still no caddies whatsoever in the interclubs so some precautions are still being taken. Personally I think this should be retained, particularly in the early stages of the competitions as they can be desperately slow when caddies are involved.

I totally agree with no caddies and not for any bull**** health matters, it gets so slow to get around with so many giving their opinions on every shot, that was a good decision by Golf Ireland and I hope it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

They had a closed shop on things. .
    This is what puts me off from getting involved in the interclub scene. Its incredibly cliquey. My club e-mails the members about all sorts of ****e but there was not one single bit of info on how to volunteer for interclub. I had a good year last year, losing 6 shots off my handicap and high on the GOY standings but was never approached to take part.

Grey Fox wrote: »
    This is what puts me off from getting involved in the interclub scene. Its incredibly cliquey. My club e-mails the members about all sorts of ****e but there was not one single bit of info on how to volunteer for interclub. I had a good year last year, losing 6 shots off my handicap and high on the GOY standings but was never approached to take part.

How can they know you're interested if you dont approach them

RGS wrote: »

Fair enough, pretty ****ty not offering any though.

fungie wrote: »
    Fair enough, pretty ****ty not offering any though.

It is ****ty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

RGS wrote: »

For foursomes golf Ireland are recommending each player driving uses their own ball and they mark and replace on greens. No penalty for non compliance. This was advised on their club managers webinar early in the week.

Any link to this webinar online?

Advertisement