Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Spideoige wrote: »
    What were their issues? Citidwell seem to be cropping up a lot in recent years.

The snag list was long as their engineer wasn’t happy with the works. Also had to get the builder back in soon after the sale completed to fix things.

Also Apparently, maintenance of the estate afterwards has been an issue. They said some of residents were on Neil Prendervilles show on red fm to complain about it. But neither of us listen to him so don’t know if that’s true or what they were complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Dolbhad wrote: »
    O Flynn’s have had planning permission for Another site in Kerry Pike near be garden centre since 2001 ish. There is now a site notice plan gone up for the start of 60 houses - presume works will commence soon as they wrap up Clonara. But if anybody is looking for new builds in that area might be worth getting onto them to see when the go for sale.

Had a look at the planning for this today. Was originally for around 30 detached houses. New planning is for a mix of 60 houses, mainly 3 bed semis. Wonder when they will start building. I guess it depends on whether or not the planning will be approved too..

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Had a look at the planning for this today. Was originally for around 30 detached houses. New planning is for a mix of 60 houses, mainly 3 bed semis. Wonder when they will start building. I guess it depends on whether or not the planning will be approved too..

To be honest I pass through there daily and looks like it might happen soonish. Where the site entrance has had some activity so I say they may be getting stuff like that ready so when the planning goes through, they can hit the ground running once (provided Clonlara is done - I don’t expect them to start works until Clonlara is all sold).

I read planning has been approved for 233 houses a little further up there also so Kerry Pike will have be getting much bigger next few years.

Dolbhad wrote: »
    To be honest I pass through there daily and looks like it might happen soonish. Where the site entrance has had some activity so I say they may be getting stuff like that ready so when the planning goes through, they can hit the ground running once (provided Clonlara is done - I don’t expect them to start works until Clonlara is all sold).

I read planning has been approved for 233 houses a little further up there also so Kerry Pike will have be getting much bigger next few years.

Great, thanks for the info! Will definitely be keeping an eye. Loads going up on Kerry Pike so. It’s a lovely area and so handy for the city. Would be great if they got a shop and bus route with all the houses going up there.

For anyone reading there’s also new houses being built in Ovens behind EMC by Ruden homes. Apparently there are issues with water treatment there that has been ongoing for a while. So not too sure when the houses will be launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sw59td

• Advertisement

Anyone have any updates on new developments in Cork? Seems to be nothing going on at the moment.

Planning granted for massive development just out the Waterfall Rd from Bishopstown. Hasn't been a major development out that way in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SummerK

Guys do you see any new development in the price range 250k to 270k coming up in a 3 bed semi or end of terrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

All new developments coming on stream seem to be over the 300k for a 3 bed semi. The 2 beds can be 280k. Not a hope for a single person.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

I know stuff further a field in Macroom or up the north of the county can come in under 300 but I don't think 270 would cut it for a three bed anywhere in the country anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

ah that's just not true, that money would take you a whole lot further in , idk, Longford. But Cork thankfully is not Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

The smallest in this development in Mallow is a three bed: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/hazel-brooke-hazel-brooke-spa-glen-mallow-co-cork/4518734

I heard a new phase came out this week. Did anyone here get the email out of interest? Would like to know if prices went up…

ANy word on the Lia Fail release?

Is that a play on my user name 😂

Are they the ones beside the graveyard in Tower? I had thought they'd been sold but maybe wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I’m not sure of the names of each development, but there’s another new one coming to Tower further down the same road towards the village. They’re doing groundworks at the minute seems to be very early stages.

Anyone have any info?

Had a look at the Cork city planning website and if it's the same ones it looks like it's the same developer as Hazel Brooke in Mallow. Mainly 3 beds. Haven't seen anything advertised at all.

I see Richmond Rise has launched in Glanmire. 4 bed semis starting at 425K. Seems bonkers for Glanmire condensing there's so much going up there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

350k is going to be pretty much the norm soon for a 3 bed new build in areas like Glanmire, Carrigtwohill, Carrigaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cirf

I actually have my eyes set on this one for a while, but I’m not able to get any info on the asking prices for these. Would anyone know?

• Advertisement

For which development? I mentioned a few in that post

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cirf

I think they are releasing a new phase in the spring but not sure of the asking prices. Usually they don't release the prices until the new phase is released. Robert Harkin is the EA. Have you tried calling him? He can be tough to get through to as I assume he's very busy. I tried to contact him about viewing a house before but by the time he got back to me it was sale agreed. Leave him a voicemail and he should get back. Ask him how much the previous phase was sold for and add on a few grand I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jcomm114

Hi all. Just browsing this thread and wondering if anyone have a list of any new phases/developments due to be released in early 2022? Ideally looking for a 4 bed semi detached.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Think these are all allocated as social housing?

No, it's a private development. The Part 8 development is on Hawke's Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Found it thank you I didn’t realise this area was being developed.

I read that the asking price for the 3bed semis will be 366k

Another field across the road is also being sold to a develpper so that whole area will soon be subsumed into Bishopstown. Not sure of pricing, but you can be sure they won't be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

Hi all,

Interested to hear what the finish is like on the houses in Coolkellure, Matthew Hill and for the semi ds what the soundproofing is like between them. Anyone have any info?

Potentially looking at a new development by the same developer.

Thanks

• Advertisement

^ I’ve a friend that lives in one and seems to find it grand. No issues as far as I know. Saying that I have heard soundproofing isn’t great. Is it the development in Ovens you’re looking at?

Advertisement