Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments in Cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

Thanks for the reply Lia. Well they have 2 coming up, one in Carrigaline and one on the Model Farm Rd but think they are a few months from releasing to market for both.

Heard the soundproofing sometimes isn't great especially in their older developments but from what I know they have changed the design of the houses now so that the stairs, dining room, upstairs bathroom and the 2nd bedroom are adjoining rather than the living room etc.

When you heard about the soundproofing issues was it about their older developments or the new ones as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Summary of new builds completed in Cork last year along with historical levels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A new phase of Heathfield in Ballincollig was released today. Massive jump in prices! 3 bed semi gone from 350k to 390k and 4 bed semi gone from 399k to 440k.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Crazy money in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Harpers Creek, Glouthane - €375 for 3 Bed Semi

Passage West - €380k

Ballinglanna - €385k

I cant see demand holding for these prices, building will slow down

• Advertisement

At the moment the vast majority of new builds are selling out within minutes, even at those prices. People seem to have the money and I guess don’t want to pay the price to renovate old houses (I don’t blame them the way things are!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrs_J

Hmm... I would rather say that the banks have money, not ppl - interpret as you wish 😎

??? Still need a huge amount of savings and/or salary if taking out a mortgage for these houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrs_J

Still, look at average wage and percentage of ppl working in pharma or IT in Cork. Banks gladly make 3.5 exceptions for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

I bought a detached 156sq meters in Coachford. I was looking the Ballincollig one but phase I all sold and had to wait. And I know waiting will only make the price higher. Semi-d in Ballincollig is €360k above. So I compared and deposit the €400k in Coachford. Good part is it’s close to primary and secondary school. And it’s only 30-35minutes drive to city or Ballincollig or Wilton. And 15m to Macroom for grocery. Mind the house in Coachford was sold at €360k in 2021, I was asked @400. I wanted to buy the smaller one semi-d which is €325k but all sold.

• Advertisement

When u say 3 bed, is it actually 2 bed and 1 box room? Like one v small bedroom. 2 decent ones?

Builders are smart, they sell the house b4 build them. So they are secured. They won’t build 233 houses in Kerry pike in one go. They will only start w 50 maybe, secure them buyers. Get the deposit in. When they sold the 50, they have money to build the next 50. The price won’t go down that easy. Just hope it won’t go up too much. Material cost is on the roof this year. Supply chain constraints is the big issue. Builders might find it hard to sell when mortgage rate starts go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Passing the though Kerry Pike and seen further planning permissions gone up. Seems to be a new site to the back of Mitchell’s Court that has approved planning for houses for around 33 houses. Also the site across from Clonlara had planning for around 99 houses. This is on top of change of planning from 33 detached houses but to 66 semi detached houses by the garden centre and the council estate being built further up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mick McCarthys Baby

Does anyone know of new builds that are launching later this year in cork city / county ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sw59td

Ard Abhainn, Knockraha

4 Bed Detached - A €465,000

1788 sq. ft.

4 Bed Detached – B €385,000

1490 sq. ft

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SummerK

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Montyming16

Has anyone heard of any new builds starting in Cork in the next year that aren't already sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Just wanted to check in and see if anybody bought in phase 1 of Charleston in Midleton? Not familiar with the builder and doesn’t seem to have built in Cork previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waking

Advertisement