Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Broadband deals

• 04-01-2021 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Am in the process of changing home BB and contacted Vodafone earlier on their Webchat.

Was offered 500Mbps with the TV package (82 channels)deal for €40.
    You can add Sky Sports or Movies for an extra €1. Yes €1. I thought the person replying had made a mistake but not so.

Think it is available for the rest of this week, but only on the webchat.

Not a bad deal. €41 for Phone/Broadband/TV with Sky Sports on 12 month contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

northknife wrote: »
    Am in the process of changing home BB and contacted Vodafone earlier on their Webchat.

You can add Sky Sports or Movies for an extra €1. Yes €1. I thought the person replying had made a mistake but not so.

Not a bad deal. €41 for Phone/Broadband/TV with Sky Sports on 12 month contract.

I rang and got it so works that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

northknife wrote: »

Is this with a 12 month contract can you tell us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

That price is excellent and I hope you have better luck swapping over to them than I did. I was with sky on Siro and made two unsuccessful attempts back in November to switch.

In both cases Vodafone cancelled my order in the background for "technical reasons" but failed to inform me or explain what happened. I got my direct debit confirmation letter in the post and online login setup in a couple of days with both attempts. However after a few days things started to get fishy. My online account no longer existed so I couldn't login, no technician showed up and when I called through to support they said I didn't exist as a customer - I was passed to 3 different departments who couldn't locate me. On my 2nd attempt to switch over I called through to their new orders team to explain the situation and they assured me it wouldn't happen again as they were re-processing it "manually". However I disappeared into the ether again.

The net result was a €95 additional bill from sky as the Vodafone delays brought me into a new billing period because Vodafone never claimed the Siro connection.

Sick of dealing with Sky and Vodafone, I decided to try Virgin and was live on their network within 48 hours of signing up.

I've used Vodafone before and the service is fine once it's running. However if you're on Siro from another provider and switching be careful to check up on your application in case some phantom "technical reasons" pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bonny123

Vodafone dont recognise some eircodes and as such, cant offer the deal. Would it be because its a new eircode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Anyone have any experience of the TV box that comes with this offer?
    Is it any good?
    Does it need to have a wired connection or is it WiFi enabled?
    What’s the recording ability like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I tried to get it today, they only had a 12 euro offer seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup my agent right now is just saying it's 45 (500) or 55 (1000) depending on the fibre product chosen and Sky Sports is €20 pm said the offer expired yesterday :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Is it any good?

It's very limited, I've just changed to sky Q and it's night and day.

Think it needs to be wired, mine was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

coillcam wrote: »
    That price is excellent and I hope you have better luck swapping over to them than I did. I was with sky on Siro and made two unsuccessful attempts back in November to switch.

In both cases Vodafone cancelled my order in the background for "technical reasons" but failed to inform me or explain what happened. I got my direct debit confirmation letter in the post and online login setup in a couple of days with both attempts. However after a few days things started to get fishy. My online account no longer existed so I couldn't login, no technician showed up and when I called through to support they said I didn't exist as a customer - I was passed to 3 different departments who couldn't locate me. On my 2nd attempt to switch over I called through to their new orders team to explain the situation and they assured me it wouldn't happen again as they were re-processing it "manually". However I disappeared into the ether again.

The net result was a €95 additional bill from sky as the Vodafone delays brought me into a new billing period because Vodafone never claimed the Siro connection.

Sick of dealing with Sky and Vodafone, I decided to try Virgin and was live on their network within 48 hours of signing up.

I've used Vodafone before and the service is fine once it's running. However if you're on Siro from another provider and switching be careful to check up on your application in case some phantom "technical reasons" pop up.

I had a similar experience with both Sky and then, 12 months later, with Vodafone. For the 12 months in the middle I was with Virgin. In my case I think the issue with both Sky and Vodafone was the fact that there was a fault on my line that required an engineer visit. I only found this out when I decided to go with Eir (there has never been an active phone line during my time in the house).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I had enormous issues with Vodafone when i switched a couple of months ago. It took well over a month for the 500mb broadband and tv t work.

there was a wiring issue - savage trouble and time to get it sorted.

the product works well, now. But for over a month i was calling customer service and getting a new agent each time, who wanted to know if the router was rebooted!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

don't forget there's lots of other SIRO providers as long as you don't require TV. Digiweb/PURE/airwire/nova/kerry etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Is it any good?

I've had both internet and TV and to me the box is far superior to the Virgin yoke. Loads of space for recording. I've a wired connection as my router is in the same location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

Just at the end of my year with Vodafone. Was BB only but my freesat has packed up. Tempted by the TV at that price. However my phone point is in hall and the TV is (obviously) not. Is there a wireless option for router to TV? Given I'm already with VF would I need an engineer or is it plug and play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Q&A wrote: »
    Just at the end of my year with Vodafone. Was BB only but my freesat has packed up. Tempted by the TV at that price. However my phone point is in hall and the TV is (obviously) not. Is there a wireless option for router to TV? Given I'm already with VF would I need an engineer or is it plug and play?

You could use a powerline adapter. Our router is in the hallway & box is hardwired via a powerline adapter plugged in beside the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

I had enormous issues with Vodafone when i switched a couple of months ago. It took well over a month for the 500mb broadband and tv t work.

there was a wiring issue - savage trouble and time to get it sorted.

the product works well, now. But for over a month i was calling customer service and getting a new agent each time, who wanted to know if the router was rebooted!!!!!!

Wiring issue? I assume that the contracted fibre tech didn't terminate your connection properly. Unfortunately it probably would have been the same for Sky or other siro resellers as they all rely on the same installers. That said I'd imagine a decent fibre tech could identify this and re-teriminate same day.

The common failures I keep encountering is that all providers don't have:

1. Proper communication between their departments.
    2. Even less communication with contracted installers/techs.
    3. Not enough CS staff to handle issues. No problem if you want to upgrade your package though :rolleyes:.
    4. Inadequate processes and systems for handling or tracking issues.
    5. Low to moderate interest in retaining customers on decent loyalty deals.

I've had two positive experiences recently I with an ISP. Virgin (rapid account setup and first connection), Ripplecom (good CS and communication between their call centre and techs).

Every other time the ISP I've dealt with has had issues be it through work or my personal connection. I've been overcharged (Virgin, Eir), poor loyalty offers and unable to contact a CS rep for 2 weeks (Sky), no tracking of issues (Vodafone), poor quality connection (Imagine), badly terminated cabling leaking water into house (imagine), slow install (Eir).

I can't really recommend one ISP over any other at this stage. Your mileage will vary greatly depending on where you live, when your house was built and what type of connection you're going to be using before you eventually choose an ISP. It's very frustrating for consumers especially when so many of us rely on internet to work from home at the moment.

I'd like to see one or two of the ISPs step up and provide a better customer focused experience but I can't see that changing any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

wertyu12 wrote: »
    Is this with a 12 month contract can you tell us?

AFAIK 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Just tried it also, now €20 add on for sky sports

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

coillcam wrote: »
    Wiring issue? I assume that the contracted fibre tech didn't terminate your connection properly. Unfortunately it probably would have been the same for Sky or other siro resellers as they all rely on the same installers. That said I'd imagine a decent fibre tech could identify this and re-teriminate same day.

The common failures I keep encountering is that all providers don't have:

1. Proper communication between their departments.
    2. Even less communication with contracted installers/techs.
    3. Not enough CS staff to handle issues. No problem if you want to upgrade your package though :rolleyes:.
    4. Inadequate processes and systems for handling or tracking issues.
    5. Low to moderate interest in retaining customers on decent loyalty deals.

I've had two positive experiences recently I with an ISP. Virgin (rapid account setup and first connection), Ripplecom (good CS and communication between their call centre and techs).

Every other time the ISP I've dealt with has had issues be it through work or my personal connection. I've been overcharged (Virgin, Eir), poor loyalty offers and unable to contact a CS rep for 2 weeks (Sky), no tracking of issues (Vodafone), poor quality connection (Imagine), badly terminated cabling leaking water into house (imagine), slow install (Eir).

I can't really recommend one ISP over any other at this stage. Your mileage will vary greatly depending on where you live, when your house was built and what type of connection you're going to be using before you eventually choose an ISP. It's very frustrating for consumers especially when so many of us rely on internet to work from home at the moment.

I'd like to see one or two of the ISPs step up and provide a better customer focused experience but I can't see that changing any time soon.

Customer service is horrible to say the least. VF is still better than VM. What is appalling is CCE resorting to lies.

Surprisingly best service I experienced was in India from VF. Post a single query and you get immediate response from FB team or Twitter team. Here it take days. VM does not reply unless you tag RB or VM UK team.

This is true even for EiR where services are sourced to India/China.

I thought laws are tough here and should be much more customer centric. Answer is it is terrible. Lived in India, USA, UK, Germany and Singapore.

Most Expensive, yet Customer Service is lacking - Possibly because population size is small. Never mind, a beautiful place irrespective of all these hassles- once in a year.

I've found it painful to get through to anyone willing to help in VF for the last year. They used to have great CS but now it's waiting and pressing numbers and self service.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

hi ,

tried to get a deal as contract up on 13th, (1907),
    they made no real offer

had to swap to Pure telecom at €40 for 1 Gig 12mths,

will have to swap in 12 months as it pops up to €70

• Advertisement

concubar wrote: »
    hi ,

they made no real offer

Red pure telecom, are you getting good steady speeds? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

Hi,
    switch over due in a week,
    ill report back then.

concubar wrote: »
    hi ,

they made no real offer

I got pure 1Gb for 35, says it jumps to 55 in a year? Consistent speeds, always 900+

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got pure 1Gb for 35, says it jumps to 55 in a year? Consistent speeds, always 900+

Thanks, some speed

Thanks, some speed
    That's wired btw but the connection does deliver. WiFi, it's about 500 if device can do it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

MarkR wrote: »
    I tried to get it today, they only had a 12 euro offer seemingly.

Update, I DID get the offer for €1 per month for six months. I only got that on a call where I was still querying my lack of telephone service (installation 16th of December, still can't receive calls!)

Their support is brutal. It's funny sometimes, I don't know in what country they are based, but it's like a bad film sometimes. Hear cars and beeps in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

MarkR wrote: »
    Update, I DID get the offer for €1 per month for six months. I only got that on a call where I was still querying my lack of telephone service (installation 16th of December, still can't receive calls!)

Their support is brutal. It's funny sometimes, I don't know in what country they are based, but it's like a bad film sometimes. Hear cars and beeps in the background.

Probably all working from home at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Probably all working from home at the moment.

Cairo traffic...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

They told me I don't need to activate it straight away either. I could wait say month, then activate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Signed up for their €30 a month deal there on 22nd of December and expected a delay in getting the modem due to christmas etc but still havent recieved it today. Rang them and they tell me there could be a problem with my line even though I'm currently with sky with no issues. I asked the ever so friendly agent when it would be sorted and he just hung up on me.

Will be cancelling the direct debit mandate and signing up to Virgin for €30 for first 6 months and 60 after so 45 a month for a much better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Signed up for their €30 a month deal there on 22nd of December and expected a delay in getting the modem due to christmas etc but still havent recieved it today. Rang them and they tell me there could be a problem with my line even though I'm currently with sky with no issues. I asked the ever so friendly agent when it would be sorted and he just hung up on me.

Will be cancelling the direct debit mandate and signing up to Virgin for €30 for first 6 months and 60 after so 45 a month for a much better service.

Better service and bitter customer service.

Advertisement