Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 3

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I kinda rushed through 1 and 2 to a degree before 3 came out . And then rushed through 3 a small bit incase the story was spoiled. So now I think Iv access to 1 through ps now so I'm going play even the side stuff from that and then side stuff from 2 (will have buy 2 though ) before replaying whole main story again in 1 , 2 & 3 . The story is very good ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

brady12 wrote: »
    I kinda rushed through 1 and 2 to a degree before 3 came out . And then rushed through 3 a small bit incase the story was spoiled. So now I think Iv access to 1 through ps now so I'm going play even the side stuff from that and then side stuff from 2 (will have buy 2 though ) before replaying whole main story again in 1 , 2 & 3 . The story is very good ..

The Gold Edition of 2 is currently down to €20 on PSN.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Owners of Hitman 3 on PC can now import Hitman 2 levels into it if they own Hitman 2 on Steam. Likewise if they own the Hitman 2 expansion pack on Steam.

Any one know easiest way unlocking a silenced sniper for use over the 3 games ?

There's an easy escalation mission in marrakesh called the cheveyo calibration. It unlocks a really good silenced rifle.

• Advertisement

The best is the Sieger 300/variants which if you played the first two game you should already have. iN h3 Chongqing and Mendoza have one for mastery lvl 20.

If you get level 10 mastery on Isle of sgail you get the sieger tactical, might still be faster to do the marrakesh escalation. Its short and fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

IO have announced HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins, a new 7-part expansion for HITMAN 3 that takes players deep into the mind of Agent 47.

HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins will be released over time through seven unique content packs. Each of the seven packs are focused on a different sin and include a visually distinct contract, sin-themed unlockable suit and at least one sin-themed item that can be used across the World of Assassination. Some items may also have unique properties to remind you of the sin they are inspired by…

The first content pack will be available on 30 March and will invite players back to Dubai, where coins are overflowing and new gameplay mechanics will tempt your own personal greed.

To enjoy the new HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins expansion, players can purchase each content pack individually (priced at $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 or regional equivalent).

Alternatively, all seven content packs can be purchased together as part of the Seven Deadly Sins Collection (priced at $29.99 / £29.99 / €29.99 or regional equivalent), which gives players access to all seven content packs as they are released over time at a reduced price compared to purchasing each pack individually.

I was expecting something more along the lines of Landslide etc. these just seem to be escalations?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been wanting to play Hitman 3 for a while now, seriously jealous that hitman trilogy is coming to Gamepass next week.

Anyway, year 2 sounds great, especially with new mode Freelancer. Anyone know if the year 1/year 2 are free or paid dlc's?

Edit: currently 23 euro on psn, tempting. Hope did this stack up to the first 2?

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Advertisement

bought it and finished it and traded it in physically last year . been tempted buy it digitally last month or that . bought it and then it's revealed on game pass 🤣😅. what's worse is i downloaded my saves from cloud and digital version doesn't seem detect my saves . wtf ? must be a glitch where physical edition saves aren't recognized then by digital version 🙄

Downloaded the intro to 3 for free and then noticed i could install 1 and 2 for free (forgot 2 was on ps plus) so playing 2 at the moment. Only played the finish line previously, really enjoying it now. The servers were offline for maintenance though and it's crazy how a single player game can rely so heavily on online servers as when i went back online, i saw the amount of challenges and mastery levels. No way they should be kept to being online only.

Anyway, happy out playing this for the moment. I'm instantly reloading my game if i get caught doing something illegal or if i have to use a gun. Great that you have the freedom but feels wrong to have to start shooting up the place. Doesn't count for hidden kills with pistol or sniper but I'd definitely be going for accidental/ non weapon kills.

Will pick up 3 down the line when on sale and when the freelance mode is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Completed the 1st run yesterday in one sitting, took about 5 hours just to mainline it.

5 stars only on one level (the last one).

One thing stood out for me it doesnt have a standout level, 2 had several decent areas. 3 imo has okish levels, the data centre is just plain annoying.

Will start the time limited ones this week.

New location released for free.

As posted in the News thread, Hitman 3 will become Hitman: World of Assassination at the end of this month and will include H1 and H2. It will then be priced 70 euro and will be the base game for future add on content.

H3 is currently on sale for 32 euro on PSN but the base game is 22 on Amazon. Also, New mode Freelancer where you have a safe house and take on contacts to upgrade your house and gear is releasing end of this month also. Debating which version to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Bought this on release, never even passed the first mission...

Always felt like what I was doing was 'wrong' or that there is a better way of doing things, so constantly got hung up on not doing it the perfect way rather than just completing it and going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah the missions are all set up as such that I think it's impossible to do it "right" on the first go. Each time you play the mission you should be trying different paths, gather new intel and then you unlock different paths where you can carry out the assassinations in a planned, clean manner.

They're designed for replayability, though it can mean your first few tries can feel completely aimless and daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ill try give it another go, and just go through the missions as I can. Then go back and try doing them differently. First time playing a Hitman game too, which probably doesn't help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Went to get this on the steam sale last night and was so confused by the dlc and buying set up that I just bought persona 5.

I haven't a clue how to get all the hitman 3 content and also get h1 and 2 content carried over.

Just Buy H3 now before end of month for €20 on Steam, then play 1 and 2 from within 3 so if you havent played or if did (there is a save transfer) you get a fairly decent chunk of Hitman for €20

Steam version also has all DLC for 3 but tbh its the challenges and weekly targets you will find more fun in.

EDIT holy **** thats confusing just looked at it in steam store, you get some of the H3 DLC with standard but you do get 1 and 2 included and they launch in game so no extra downloads once game is ready.

Post edited by dreamers75 on

• Advertisement

Best thing is to complete each level and move on, completing the story then going back and looking at each levels challenges and trying them. As you will be familiar with each level and layout by then.

Also as you complete challenges you get a new loadout and spawn spot.

I'm still looking at the best price for this on ps4/ps5 and it seems all prices when up today (Amazon, Very, etc). Not being sold in smyths or Argos. I reinstalled 2 last night and i have 4 campaigns left to complete that so will tap away with that in the meantime. I doubt H3 will go on sale anytime soon and if it does, won't be much from 70 rrp. If anyone sees a good deal on it for PlayStation, let me know

CEX have copies on PS4/PS5 for €38/€32 each, the Deluxe Edition is also €31.49 on PSN until midnight. There is no discount on PSN for the standard edition, €70.

The PS5 version is also £24.99 on Amazon, the PS4 version is £38 though.

Thanks Sniper, yeah cex has no copies near me and the deluxe version on psn is full of fluff, doesn't contain any of the dlc missions. Sickened as it was 22 euro yesterday on Amazon and Very, will keep a look out.

Getting the deluxe will reduce the SDS dlc and the H2 Gold passes to €10 each instead of having to get the full bundle for €30 after the change.

Tbh the SDS dlc isn't great either, just a bunch of themed escalations and equipment skins. The real one to go for is the H2 Gold pass for the 2 extra levels.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Buy Hitman 3 and you will automatically get Hitman 1 and 2 when the update to Hitman: World of Assassination is released later this month and that will include the recently released Ambrose Island mission that was released for free to Hitman 3 owners last year.

When it comes to DLC its not that important for Hitman 1. The Hitman 1 GOTY update contains a side campaign that take's place in the same levels as Hitman 1 and is completely unrelated to the main storyline. There is also a few weapons, skins and some escalation missions. Its okay content but not essential.

Hitman 2 I would recommend the season pass. It contains 2 missions that are story related and are quite good plus 2 sniper missions (not story related)

Hitman 3 skip the Deadly Sins DLC, its not great. Ditto with the Deluxe Content pack.

If you do want absolutely everything, then buy Hitman 3 and then the Hitman Trilogy Premimum Add Ons Bundle and the Hitman 3 7 Deadly Sins Collection.

Of course there was content exclusive to the PS4 for the original Hitman that's not available on PC.

There are changes coming to how this is being sold now and bundled. With the first two games being delisted from stores. See below. Seems to be more in line with what they wanted to do originally.

Advertisement