Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

end of the internet . com

Options
  • 05-01-2021 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

I've been checking into a website for years and never a problem. Tonight i clicked in and I'm being directed to a site with the URL, end of the internet dot com. Doesn't look very legit. There's a message saying
    Sorry, but you have reached...
    The End of the Internet.
    EndOfTheInternet . com

That's right, this is the Last Page on the very Last Webserver of the Entire Internet!

In case you were wondering, the end of the Internet is located way up in the cloud.

No journey would be complete without a souvenir t-shirt or webcomic from Amazon!

You can't go any further from here.
    YOU MUST NOW START BACK AT THE VERY BEGINNING!

I opened chrome on the phone and typed ***.com and I was straight in .

If I google the site on the laptop and click on the first three links I'm still being taken to this same site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It would help to say what this secret site name is. Otherwise, open the chrome devtools and see what the network request/responses are saying for a redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It would help to say what this secret site name is. Otherwise, open the chrome devtools and see what the network request/responses are saying for a redirect.

pogues .com.

I often go in to look around the forums. Tonight it keeps bringing me to this other site. It might be worth mentioning I'm using a new laptop in the last few days and it's my first time logging in since my last one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you can recreate it, capture the source of the redirect with the developer tools in whatever browser it is.

Advertisement