Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thanks, i got it off Mytrendyphone.ie

Getting my Ultra back next week and hoping the USB port is sorted, do Fonfix tell you what the issue was ?

Phone arrived back late last week with a new USB port installed and so far so good back to working perfectly. Fonfix is a great service as well as Samsungs 24 month Warranty

Also got the supcase and it's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Great case if you dont mind a little bulk, which i dont ;)

i have the blue one, kick stand just fell off, replacement case now on the way for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

There used to be an issue with the moisture sensor on the charge port of some Galaxy devices. Happened my S10 5G and a Galaxy Tab.

Not a huge job to swap out. Biggest issue will be getting it done under warrantly but even if you have to pay I would expect €50 / €60 to cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

I have a Galway S21 5G, looking for a slim, good grip & drop protection case please. And delivery to Ireland that doesn't take weeks.

Also, a good charger, I normally buy Anker. Does the charger influence the charging time? I have some that seem to take ages.

Thanks,

Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Has anyone seen any good deals on the Ultra recently? My 10+ is on it's last legs and looking to upgrade. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

I'd say there will be on the Samsung site seeing as the s22 is around the corner

Anyones Spotify app absolutely killing battery life on the Ultra ?

Chrome is another bastard of a app for doing the same

S21 ultra rip for me...

Had issues with it dropping network all the time, on 2 different sims on 2 different networks.

Sent off to be fixed once, came back with new subboard. Issue persisted.

Sent back again, checked it, said motherboard to be replaced. Contacted me back a few days later, too long a lead time on motherboard, would i like a replacement s21 ultra or my money back. Went for money back, getting a s22 ultra delivered today!

Anyone want to buy a few cases? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

You could try this Ringke case. It's slim yet somewhat grippy. There are some other Ringke cases you could try also eg fusion x. These cases are rather lightweight at around 30 grammes odd. They also offer a decent level of protection for their size/weight.

At the same time buy the official Samsung 25W charger. You'll get super fast charging. It's a solid charger.

Buy both from Amazon Spain. Yes the charger will be 2 pin, but you can get a converter somewhere like Dealz for a couple of Euro. The charging doesn't get impacted with the converter either.

Charger should be a little under €10 from Amazon Spain or Italy. You'll pay€35+ for the 3 pin version.

The Ringke cases will be around €8 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

For anyone who'd like the official Samsung 25W super fast charger.

It's now ~€17 odd on Amazon UK

Samsung Original 25W Fast Charging USB-C Mobile Phone Mains Plug/Wall Charger, Genuine Samsung Charger Compatible with Galaxy Smartphones and Other USB Type C Devices – White, EP-TA800XWEGGB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084477L6R/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_B0AR3XD09DYQMMB2Z8MK

I use the Anker 100W cable with it and super fast charging works fine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whats peoples opinion on teh Flip 3?

I cant get one on upgrade for free - Im still using my old Huawei Mate 20 pro but its starting to show its age. The only phone Ive held on to for more than 2 years to be honest.

So my s21 is running out of storage

What are my options to expand it, sadly no SD card slot so that's out, how does network storage work in terms of taking a photo and it uploading straight away ??? (3 AYCE data a big help)

Would you use something like google photos?

Synchs it all up to the cloud, off your phone.

would ye recommend getting this or would something in the phones shops do and I'll save on P&P etc ?

Only need it as a spare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I wouldn't bother when it's only a spare.

I've bought some very good chargers from Amazon for less than half that price.

Ended up getting the 'super fast charger' very handy if travelling

The cost of the S23 is very much turning me off getting my usual '2 year upgrade'.

Running out of space on my S21 Ultra and what are my options for expanding it ?? Is the monthly subscription for 'Onedrive' worth it ?

Cloud storage would eat into my data when I'm outside the country

I'm tempted to jump to S23 ultra from the S21 Ultra anyone else thinking of it? Samsung usually offer great upgrade options if you preorder.

I'm tempted but price is turning me off even if I would get something off trading in my S21 Ultra 512GB

Keeping Three at €20 a month with 5G access and no way I'd get that if I went back too bill pay

The price of the phone might go down nearer mid/end of 2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'll almost certainly be doing it but not sure yet where to try sell my s21u privately or do the trade-in

• Advertisement

Not confident about the trade in value Samsung will offer, Be under €500 I'd imagine

The pay monthly thing a little risky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Have details of the S23 been released?

Or just speculation, usually Feb when they announce it iirc?

Seems to be a better version of the S22 Ultra going by leaks but the major thing for European owners is snapdragon processor for all regions. Apparently the S22 Ultra EU version was noticeably sub par to the snapdragon version. The camera also looks like a upgrade.

Advertisement