Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Looks like I may have accidentally bought two of them so.

If you set up an account you can check below link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page then click on shop then profile it will show order.
    https://shop.samsung.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

I normally upgrade each year but thinking twice this time around, 21 ultra seems the only one to to for coming from a 20+, I would have actually prefared the 21+ with the flat screen, but even with samsung offering 410 as a trade, its the guts of 900 then to switch, I can't really justify it for what your getting (or loosing)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Pool4Life wrote: »
    If you set up an account you can check below link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page then click on shop then profile it will show order.
    https://shop.samsung.com/ie/

No it's not showing there. Not sure if I should order again, I've already been charged twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

No it's not showing there. Not sure if I should order again, I've already been charged twice.

If you call 0818302016 they should help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

5500 wrote: »
    I normally upgrade each year but thinking twice this time around, 21 ultra seems the only one to to for coming from a 20+, I would have actually prefared the 21+ with the flat screen, but even with samsung offering 410 as a trade, its the guts of 900 then to switch, I can't really justify it for what your getting (or loosing)

In the same as you but I ended up choosing the ultra. Only .1 inch bigger so not a big step up I nsize which I'm happy with.

I still can't believe how **** the S21 and the plus look versus the S20.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    In the same as you but I ended up choosing the ultra. Only .1 inch bigger so not a big step up I nsize which I'm happy with.

I still can't believe how **** the S21 and the plus look versus the S20.

I went with the Ultra too. Currently have the 20+, do the 21+ seemed like a downgrade. Then you get the earbud pro instead of the regular ones.

It doesn't say much about what samsung thinks of their own phones when they are paying more of a trade in value for an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I am torn between the Galaxy FE 5G or the S21 standard, both in my budget range just about.

Pros I can see with the FE

Cheaper
    Snapdragon processor
    Bigger Screen
    SD Expansion
    Plug in box :-)

Cons
    Older
    Android 10 for now
    Less ram

S21

Pro's
    More Ram
    Most up to date camera
    Free Gifts
    Getting €180 trade in value against my S8 plus

After trade in S21 would cost me €699 with free gifts
    FE5G would cost me €619 on three + €10 to unlock

What's everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus that was expensive €1504 for the Ultra 512GB model and a case. Thanks Samsung ye dickheads for taking away the SD slot

I got three down to a maximum of €20 (€25 with 5G add on) a month for when my contract expires in April. Insurance is the next thing to sort out

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus that was expensive €1504 for the Ultra 512GB model and a case. Thanks Samsung ye dickheads for taking away the SD slot

I got three down to a maximum of €20 (€25 with 5G add on) a month for when my contract expires in April. Insurance is the next thing to sort out

Do you actually use the storage? I've a S20+ with only 128gb and it's nearly half empty, with my photos on the cloud.

Do you actually use the storage? I've a S20+ with only 128gb and it's nearly half empty, with my photos on the cloud.

I have an 238gd card in my current phone and 217.6Gb is used up. Phones storage is 128GB with 68.1GB free atm

With the new range having no SD card slot ill be coming my entire card over

Like many others here, no confirmation email yet but the transaction is showing up on my account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

seem to be any deals across the various networks?
    im with 3 on a sim only plan

Since the Buds and Tag are added to the basket and we don't have to claim them separately when ordering direct from Samsung this year, is there a chance that we might get them on release?

It usually takes 2 months.

Since the Buds and Tag are added to the basket and we don't have to claim them separately when ordering direct from Samsung this year, is there a chance that we might get them on release?

It usually takes 2 months.

think you have a certain time frame to redeem the offer through the Samsung members app on your new device (5th March is the deadline i think)

think you have a certain time frame to redeem the offer through the Samsung members app on your new device (5th March is the deadline i think)

Not this time, it says that if you order from the Samsung website that they are just added to your basket and you don't need to claim. Although it does say that they might not be delivered at the same time as the phone.

Ill def use the buds (still have the 1st gen ones i got free with my s10) but don't think i have much use for the smart tag

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ill def use the buds (still have the 1st gen ones i got free with my s10) but don't think i have much use for the smart tag

What are the buds and smart tag worth?
    I plan on selling both if I do make an order .

yabadabado wrote: »
    What are the buds and smart tag worth?
    I plan on selling both if I do make an order .

Buds Pro are €239
    Tag is €30 (what a rip off, if I wasant getting it free I definitely wouldn't buy it )

Is the brown version avaliable anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does the lack of SD card slot also mean that it’s not DUAL SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

smurfjed wrote: »
    Does the lack of SD card slot also mean that it’s not DUAL SIM?

A YouTuber took tjensim cardnteay out and I could see two slots. Haven't read anything about it being dual sim or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Not impressed with the lineup at all after the wait, went for the Note 20 Ultra instead yesterday. It’s been years since I had a Note and I miss the S pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Not impressed with the lineup at all after the wait, went for the Note 20 Ultra instead yesterday. It’s been years since I had a Note and I miss the S pen!

I was tempted by that too, but figure the improvement in the exynos vs the one on the note 20 would be a big improvement.
    plus you can get a s pen, though it will be in the case.
    I went for the s21 ultra, coming from a note 9.
    As for the dual sim, saw a few youtube videos and they seemed to show one sim slot, but with 2 sides for 2 sims.
    If its not, its going right back...
    Went for it on three, via carphone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

phill106 wrote: »
    I was tempted by that too, but figure the improvement in the exynos vs the one on the note 20 would be a big improvement.
    plus you can get a s pen, though it will be in the case.
    I went for the s21 ultra, coming from a note 9.
    As for the dual sim, saw a few youtube videos and they seemed to show one sim slot, but with 2 sides for 2 sims.
    If its not, its going right back...
    Went for it on three, via carphone warehouse

The performance of the Exynos chip wouldn’t bother me too much although the difference between it and the Snapdragon version is a bit much when there is no reduction in price but I am a bit worried about the battery, I think it’s improved since launch though.
    I was going to go for the S21 Ultra with the separate S pen but I know I’d lose it when it’s not built in. The non expandable memory sealed the deal though as I take lots of photos and like to keep them stored on hand especially with very slow internet speeds I have here, so storing them on the cloud isn’t a great option.
    I also have no interest in the buds to sweeten the deal so saved a bit of money! It will be interesting to see if they keep the Note line going forward though with the S21 Ultra being S pen compatible.
    I do like the look of the S series though, even the raised lenses at the back but I also like the look of the Note too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Was not tempted but managed to get the S21 Ultra 128GB with Buds Pro and the smart tag for 918 euros. Couldn't say no at that price.

Sell buds for 150ish and have a new S21 Ultra for under 800 opposed to 1300 retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lol 150 for a set of buds....Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Wailin wrote: »
    Lol 150 for a set of buds....Good luck with that.

I sold Buds Live for 130 2 weeks ago used and also sold 1st gen Galaxy buds 2 months ago for 100 so 150 for newly released model is cheap and will sell easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dan786 wrote: »
    Was not tempted but managed to get the S21 Ultra 128GB with Buds Pro and the smart tag for 918 euros. Couldn't say no at that price.

Sell buds for 150ish and have a new S21 Ultra for under 800 opposed to 1300 retail.

Where did you get that deal?

Where did you get that deal?

I got the same deal. On the Samsung Ireland website with their student discount, my gf tried buying another though and it was saying sold out on the student site, but Instock on the normal site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I got the same deal. On the Samsung Ireland website with their student discount, my gf tried buying another though and it was saying sold out on the student site, but Instock on the normal site.

Must have a look and see can I get it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Got the same deal plus 180 euro trade in for my s8 plus so 737 euro for a s21 ultra 128gb is a great price, my order has been accepted and sent to their distributer to be processed so hopefully the purchase and price will be honoured

Advertisement