Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Tony H wrote: »
    thats good to know about the tempered glass , I went with the whitstone dome and the fingerprint reader is not quite as good as it was ,
    the battery on the ultra improved a lot when I kept it at 60hz .

I'll give this a bit of time to adjust, but the optimisation is no where near as good as the pixels so far. Roll on the Pixel 6 end of the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Google chrome is a bastard of an app for draining battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

rizzee wrote: »
    I'll give this a bit of time to adjust, but the optimisation is no where near as good as the pixels so far. Roll on the Pixel 6 end of the year :pac:

I still have a pixel 3a and its still a great phone , I think if I even mention another phone i'll be divorced so the pixel 6 is out (maybe) , the ultra did settle after a lot of tinkering , putting apps into deep sleep and if I need to I can get over 6 hours on screen time .

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Tony H wrote: »
    thats good to know about the tempered glass , I went with the whitstone dome and the fingerprint reader is not quite as good as it was ,
    the battery on the ultra improved a lot when I kept it at 60hz .

I agree the battery will be much better on 60hz...but what is the point of having this phone if you do not use the premium features

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

pmce4 wrote: »
    I agree the battery will be much better on 60hz...but what is the point of having this phone if you do not use the premium features

Because no one fancies charging a phone twice a day.

I put mine up one Adverts, really not a fan of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

rizzee wrote: »
    Because no one fancies charging a phone twice a day.

I put mine up one Adverts, really not a fan of it.

well there you go your problem is solved.....

Going by the leaks the new 'Samsung/Google Watch'team up sounds great but not looking forward to seeing the price

Need an update from my Watch Active and thankfully was persuaded by a user here to wait awhile and don't buy the Watch2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Interested myself, i have the original galaxy watch, and some of the new health features seem interesting.

plus, wont it support google pay?

sold...

Yep having Google pay on it is a big sell for me

Samsung Pay in Ireland was never a thing really for some reason

New series of Watches mid August release I imagine

Samsung pay wasnt available at all in ireland!

I couldnt even tap to pay till google pay allowed revolut...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hopefully it will be a similar price to the current version .

I wonder would there be any trade ins available with their phones.Watch 3 is still perfect but I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone went from s20+ to s21 ultra?

Was it worth it considering phone is only a year old ?

Unless you were getting a great trade in, dont imagine it would be a huge improvement. Its more like a S20+ S edition...

Cheers thanks. I was looking at maybe selling my s20 + and getting the s21 ultra the reviews are brilliant but I haven't seen anything stating what your gonna notice between both models and if its worth it.

i have the s21 ultra, came from a note 9.

I thought the battery would be better, and i think i miss how the note felt in my hand, and the internal spen.

I'm happy with the s20+ I just tend to update phones after a year or two depending on what's on the market. I don't think the sd card thing is a big issue id be happy if the battery is better than what I have now and the screen, camera and general performance have improved.

Any fix for this

For some reason the mobile data digit stays up on the corner of my phone even when connected to WIFI. Anyone know if I hit something by mistake and I can switch it off ?

Turning off mobile data makes it disappear but in the past the icon disappeared once i was connected to WIFI and i didn't need to manually turn off Mobile Data ? Its bugging me

Looks like my Galaxy watch active has kicked the bucket

Screen won't turn on at all, tried everything from holding the power key on and off charge, leaving the battery go dead and then try again. My phone picks up the watch and even displays a pairing code but nothing on the watch screen itself

Might as well wait out and get one of the new Watch4 models

Maybe wi-fi assist is turned on? I’m not sure if it’s still an option on the OS but it used to be anyway. Uses your mobile data to supplement the wi-fi connection if the latter is slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone watch the Samsung unpacked event?

Anything worthwhile in it?

Did they give a release date/price for the Watch 4.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/events/unpacked/

Only tuned in now

Some new Z phone, whos the irish guy presenting now ?

New phones look very impressive but the price will be through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone noticed that you cant get into recovery mode now after the last update even with a USB-C cable connected? WHen holding volume up and side key my s21 Ultra just reboots every time. I normally wipe the cache partition every few months but havent been able to for the last while.

Update it seems the phone now has to be connected to a PC with the USB-c cable to work. (At least for me) very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone receive the Android 12 (OneUI 4.0) update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep. Got it pretty much on release on my S21+.

Not noticed any bugs yet and liking it so far. Permission manager and privacy notifications are nice. Interface is still pretty much the same (havent tried colour picker). Camera seems to be behaving better then it did on Android 11.

Same here came in immediately the other day. All good with mine no issues and i like the update. I cleared the cache partition after the update (which i tend to do for all big updates)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Android 12 is a mess for me.

Where the **** is the clipboard gone? There's just a paste button now. All of my saved clips are gone. Gmail crashes all the time too.

odd, no 12 available for me to download. have a three and voadafone sim in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

No update yet for my Ultra S21 sim free

Advertisement