Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a decent peppermint tea

Options
  • 05-01-2021 10:38am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As above, I am looking for a good peppermint tea witha depth of flavour. I usually use the Lidl own brand tea bags and they are grand for day to day use.
    I'd like something a bit richer for a 'treat' occasionally. I've tried Aldi ones, not much different. Ones I have enjoyed are the Cosi brand ones you get in some filling stations but ideally I want something I can buy a box of in a local supermarket.

What are your go to or favourite mint teas that you'd recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Twinings?

I'd kind of assume they are the standard bearer here when it comes to widely available, supermarket available infusions

You could have a look here too or other similar places

https://www.teaemporium.ie/peppermint.html

alternatively, you could grow peppermint yourself and dry it - all mint plants grow like weeds in our climate and you'd have an abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Aldi have 2 different versions, I like the ones in the silk bag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Twinings can be nice alright, I might try those again and see how I get on. Just wanted to check if I was missing out on any other less obvious/mainstream ones. Thanks for the link, I haven't tried anything from the Tea Emporium before :)

Icsics, I'm actually almost finished a box of those Aldi ones, not bad at all but looking for something with a stronger flavour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Try the polish shops. Much better selections and cheaper.
    Picked up a lovely ginger one recently

I find Teapigs peppermint tea to have a nice strong flavour. I think they are in Tesco. I find the M&S branded teas to be very rich as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Tesco Finest would be our go to "fancy" choice at home.

Normal Peppermint or "Peppermint & Liquorice" really nice too if feeling extra fancy!

Pukka brand also nice, particularly their "Three Mint" flavour although not as readily stocked where I shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Tea pigs is good and also Yogi Teas (any health shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

The Pukka three mint is nice (and organic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

Nik's Peppermint Tea is just fabulous.

I highly recommend the After Dinner Mint tea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ooh lots of interesting suggestions there, thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of Pukka, we often have their green tea. I'll be looking out for the others too, thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I find Teapigs peppermint tea to have a nice strong flavour. I think they are in Tesco. I find the M&S branded teas to be very rich as well.

Teapigs definitely! A cut above most of the standard tea imo - the liquorice and peppermint is unreal too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Got a bag from Bailies. Pretty good. Loose leaf.

Advertisement