Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paypal preferred payment method

• 05-01-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just set my preferred payment method as PayPal. I did this while shopping on Ebay and intended this to be for when I only shop on ebay.
    I am now concerned that this will be used when I shop with sellers who are not on ebay where I only want to use my debit card.

A few years ago I had a lengthy 10 month battle with paypal with them trying to link my card with my paypal account which I do not want them to do. I am now concerned that this might be a backdoor way again to try and link my card. For example now when I buy from another site outside Ebay and use my card will they somehow be able to harvest that cards details and link it to my paypal account?

Any thoughts please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

You have only made it the preferred payment for EBAY.

You would have to do same on any other site you visit/purchase from.

Even then the sites don't get access to your ebay account details.

When you pay by PayPal, a pop up window is opened for it, and once you confirm payment, only acknowledgment of payment is sent back to the site. Sites actually don't know your account details. Ebay is sandboxed.

Is PayPal Safe? Tips for Buying, Selling, and Sending Online

Is paying through PayPal safer?
    Yes, we keep all your information safe. When you send a payment using PayPal, the recipient won't receive sensitive financial information like your credit card or bank account number. ... Additionally, when you pay with PayPal on any website PayPal Purchase Protection covers you if you have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks Corkie. I very much appreciate the reply. |'m comfortable with this now.

Advertisement