Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 27GL83B Monitor - any owners here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

long_b wrote: »
    Young lad is looking at getting this monitor for his XBox Series X.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultragear-27GL83A-B-27-Inch-Compatible/dp/B07XLDLZPF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=27GL83A&qid=1609841383&sr=8-1

LG 27GL83A,just to stop confusion.

I have the GL850 which has better back lighting but other than that they are fairly similar
    Great monitor imo so I could recomend the GL83A

I know Xbox is much better at supporting 1440p but have you had a look online to see if anyone is using it with Series X and how they are getting on?

The monitor has no speakers either,not sure if that's an issue but worth pointing out. You should also be able to get it cheaper than that amazon link if your not in a rush

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Any monitor that has speakers, the speakers are terrible anyway, better off without them. I have the GL850 as well which is practically the same monitor. Great gaming monitor if you can get the most out of it.

Maybe a little bit wasted on a console? Is there any games that support 120fps? Thought most were 30-60?

I've the LG 27UK650 4k which I'm using on Xbox/PC last 2 years looks very similar to the one you mentioned comparison here https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/42b3cfa34

Ok only 60hz but for xbox it's fine, colours are very good and response time is fine has freesync which worked great with AC:Valhalla people complained about screen tearing I never saw.

It's factory calibrated which is a plus or a minus so some.

The bad, suffers from a little IPS glow on the bottom corners and the HDR isn't worth a damn if you have seen what proper HDR looks like on a high end TV.

Advertisement