Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Excess?

Options
  • 05-01-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there,

I am looking to take out a comprehensive car insurnance policy with BOI.
    I can't find details of what excess there is on either the Prestige or Popular policy. On the one page insurance cover document it just mentions the excess will be outlined in the policy schedule, but I want to know what it is before purchasing. 

What might it be? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

I am looking to take out a comprehensive car insurnance policy with BOI.
    I can't find details of what excess there is on either the Prestige or Popular policy. On the one page insurance cover document it just mentions the excess will be outlined in the policy schedule, but I want to know what it is before purchasing. 

What might it be? Thanks
    Hi Speed_Alive

Thanks for checking in with us here. 

For the Prestige, the excess is  €250 accidental damage.

For the Popular, the excess is €500 accidental, fire and theft. 

Just to add, there is no excess on the Prestige policy for third party fire and theft. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Speed_Alive

Hi Alison,

Thank you - that is great information. That is actually quite a decent difference between Prestige and the Popular cover in terms of excess, so much that it could sway some people towards one or the other. I couldn't find it listed anywhere, is it listed somewhere? It might be helpful to have it listed under the comparision of cover page between the two levels of cover.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Alison,

Thank you - that is great information. That is actually quite a decent difference between Prestige and the Popular cover in terms of excess, so much that it could sway some people towards one or the other. I couldn't find it listed anywhere, is it listed somewhere? It might be helpful to have it listed under the comparision of cover page between the two levels of cover.

Thanks
    Good morning,

Thank you for getting back to us here.

This information would be in the Terms and Conditions of the Policy which is not readily available online. You can certainly speak to our Car Insurance Team on 014884062 and one of my colleagues will be happy to discuss which policy would suit you best.

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement