Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit & Debit following a refund

Options
  • 05-01-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Returned couple of items to a shop for a refund.
    The amount was credited to my account but also there is a transaction showing for the exact same amount leaving my account on the same day. It was 30th December. Both are showing as complete, not in progress.

I only presented my card once & all seemed to be ok on the day. Can someone check what happened? Bank problem or shop problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Hi,

Returned couple of items to a shop for a refund.
    The amount was credited to my account but also there is a transaction showing for the exact same amount leaving my account on the same day. It was 30th December. Both are showing as complete, not in progress.

I only presented my card once & all seemed to be ok on the day. Can someone check what happened? Bank problem or shop problem?

Thanks.
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Is there 2 completed transactions for the shop 'debiting' the account? If this is the case, the shop will have a record of both debits and can refund one back to the account for you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

New credit appeared today. So 2 credits & 1 debit now for a single transaction. All combined, I got the right amount back. Strange but all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    New credit appeared today. So 2 credits & 1 debit now for a single transaction. All combined, I got the right amount back. Strange but all good.
    Thanks for getting back to us H8GHOTI.

We are happy to hear that you have received your refund. If there is anything else we can help with here, please feel free to get back in touch with us here. 

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement