Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormant Company Fillings with CRO ?

Options
  • 05-01-2021 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am unsure if this is the right forum, apologies if not. However I have a CRO related question. I set up a Ltd company in 2018 for what was supposed to be my startup idea and me establishing myself as a business however things did not go to plan and I ended up having to shelf the idea and return to work as an employee.

Fast forward almost 3 years, the company is still active. I filled the first years annual accounts, however, rather carelessly I completely forgot to file last years ( due January 2020 ) - now one full year overdue and so is this years.

I need to bring them in line. What's the best way to approach this. I have a CORE account and I am fairly familiar with e-fillings but I am not sure what to submit with "financial statements" as I have none. I never traded, I don't have any financial transactions at all. Do I just submit a blank form stating NULL TRANSACTIONS or something ?

I'd be grateful for some pointers, otherwise it looks like I will have to chat with a companies secretary service and pay even more €€

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭relevanc

You’ve missed the ARD and therefore have lost your audit exemption.
    You’ll need to contact an auditor to file the accounts. There will be late fees also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This came up last year and there was some very useful posts and links.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057987664

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dell2009

As relevanc said, the co has probably lost audit exemption and will require an audit in order to file accounts with the CRO.
    You could ring the CRO and explain the situation however it is unlikely they will allow you file audit exempt accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Pm me your company name or number and I’ll let you know what your options are

Advertisement