Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night vision

Options
  • 05-01-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi anyone on here that is using PARD NV007 NIGHT VISION UNIT, IF SO HOW ARE YOU GETTING ON WITH IT . I AM HAVIVG LOT OF TROUBLE TRYING TO SET IT UP ???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

What kind of trouble you are having?

I had one a while ago, but wasn't mad on the near-Eye setup.

When setting up, I put the scope on lowest magnification and paralex setting.
    With the rifle on a bipod and aiming at something close enough, I then attached the pard to the fitting / clamp that came with it, so that I could move it back and forth to get the best image before tighten down the clamp.

You might have issues seeing the crosshair when using the pard, before tighten it up you may need to adjust the back eye piece so that you can see the crosshair clearly through the pard.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you are still having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sullivans john

Hi, Keith, yes know what by near eye my eye keeps flickering after , I look tru it . I am waiting for the cert for new Tikka T3 .223 , I have a new scope HAWKE FAST MOUNT IR 6X24X50 Mil dot ir. but the night vision is 45 mil , scope eye piece is only 30 mil. I have been trying it on .22 scope it seems to fit. Cant seem to get a clear view day or nite . How do you turn the colour on day setting , Thanks

Hi, Keith, I got the colour working , ok now will try it again for clear image to night. thanks, Someone else might comment on that sight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Ok, first things first.

You need to get the adaptor to fit snugly on the scope.
    If the eyepiece on the scope is only 30mm and the adaptor is 45mm, you could make up a little adaptor. A short length of plastic waste pipe e.g from a sink might bridge the gap for you, or if this is too large, a piece of bicycle tube might do. Worst case scenario is you might need to buy a smaller adaptor.

Then clip the Pard into the adaptor and fit to the scope to make sure the Pard is vertically straight, then tighten up the adaptor.
    Once you have done this you can then start on the focus.
    To do this turn on the Pard and get the "Menu Screen" up( right hand button).
    Now, twist the occular ring on the Pard until the writing on the screen is completely in focus. It is then focussed for your eye and you should never need to refocus this again.
    Finally, bring out the rifle and the Pard in the dark.
    Select "IR2" and view something that you know exists e.g a stake at the end of the garden. Set up the parallax on the scope to the approx distance of the stake. It will probably be out of focus, so use the focus wheel to get the stake in focus.
    Voila, you're sorted.

Bear in mind though that you will have to refocus the Pard when you change the distance of the object i.e. if you can see something clearly at 50m, then something at 100m will be out of focus. A mixture of parallax adjustment on the scope and a bit of focussing of the Pard will sort this for you.
    Once you get the hang of it you will do it instinctively.

Finally, I prefer IR2 but that is just my personal choice, and I turn the " Brightness" down to Zero, and I leave the magnification at 1.5 on the Pard and use a maximum of 8 on the scope, otherwise the image gets very grainy.
    Have fun and enjoy.

Viz

Hi Vizzy, thanks for you help , I think I, can get the hang of it now, good idea about the waving pipe. Thanks for your reply .

• Advertisement

Hi, Keith, yes know what by near eye my eye keeps flickering after , I look tru it . I am waiting for the cert for new Tikka T3 .223 , I have a new scope HAWKE FAST MOUNT IR 6X24X50 Mil dot ir. but the night vision is 45 mil , scope eye piece is only 30 mil. I have been trying it on .22 scope it seems to fit. Cant seem to get a clear view day or nite . How do you turn the colour on day setting , Thanks

I find the side focus easier to use on the scopes, but the main thing is it can focus down to say 10 or 15 yards for the NV.
    Even though it's parallax adjustment most people just use it as (and call it) focus, but either way, I find that when you have the NV gear on you need the lower ranges of parallax adjustment. Looking at the specs of your scope it seems to be fine.

I would also say that to reach further out (be able to see longer distances) at night an external IR torch will help as the built-in one is only OK.

See how you get on, but if you need any advice on IR torches just let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Hi keith,

I would go a step further, as regards external torches, and recommend a laser torch, if that is what the OP needs at a later stage.
    Complete gamechanger :)

Vizzy wrote: »
    Hi keith,

I would go a step further, as regards external torches, and recommend a laser torch, if that is what the OP needs at a later stage.
    Complete gamechanger :)

Heya Vizzy,

Yeah, depends on the distances, but as John mentioned a 223 I take it he's not after rats or bunnies lol.

Definitely for the longer distances the lazer are class. I have the Solaris with dimmer switch, small and powerful!

Advertisement