Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A safe space: The anti-Dog thread

• 05-01-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

My purpose of this thread is to create a safe-space for the discussion between similar individuals who don't love your fur-baby, we don't like standing in its virally infected diseased excrement on the footpath. We don't want our children mauled to death by our amazing peaceful pitbull ready to escape ever. We like to sleep at night without the constant barking and howling or whinging of dogs keeping us awake and destroying our mental health. I don't like dogs however it is their moron human owners I have the real problem with.

No violence or threats to animals will be tolerated

I suffered alot from nuisance dogs last year and this morning I publicly shamed a middle aged woman into going back to her car for tissues to pickup the canine chipolata's her dog had left in a high traffic area, it was akin to mining the English channel really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

I don't think he is even a real bounty hunter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Is this the thread for dyslexic atheists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Is this the thread for dyslexic atheists?

No Aisle 7b is thatta way -->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭antfin

theguzman wrote: »
    My purpose of this thread is to create a safe-space for the discussion between similar individuals who don't love your fur-baby, we don't like standing in its virally infected diseased excrement on the footpath. We don't want our children mauled to death by our amazing peaceful pitbull ready to escape ever. We like to sleep at night without the constant barking and howling or whinging of dogs keeping us awake and destroying our mental health. I don't like dogs however it is their moron human owners I have the real problem with.

I suffered alot from nuisance dogs last year and this morning I publicly shamed a middle aged woman into going back to her car for tissues to pickup the canine chipolata's her dog had left in a high traffic area, it was akin to mining the English channel really.

To be fair, I love dogs and I'm a dog owner but I dislike all of the things that you say annoy you. It's owners that are the problem in all of those cases as they haven't been responsible enough to clean up after, train or keep the dog inside. Every one of those issues is very easily avoided by being a responsible dog owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

I really like dogs.

Especially the first solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

antfin wrote: »
    To be fair, I love dogs and I'm a dog owner but I dislike all of the things that you say annoy you. It's owners that are the problem in all of those cases as they haven't been responsible enough to clean up after, train or keep the dog inside. Every one of those issues is very easily avoided by being a responsible dog owner.

I'd say for every dog owner that is responsible there is several more who are irresponsible idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Did you lose your job? Can't think of any other reason to be bored and trolling on Tuesday afternoon.
    Maybe you never had a job. Dole scrounge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yes people most people like, even love dogs.

Yes, some are irresponsible owners and aren't fit to be.

However, I grew up in the 80s. There were few dog leads, no dog control to speak of, no culture of cleaning up after them certainly. Every footpath was a minefield of dog turds. Every playground, every green space, a hazard to kids health.

So, fine if you don't like dogs, you're perfectly entitled to your view on it. But, in my opinion dogs bring far more benefits to people and the community than adverse effects and I think the vast majority would agree with me.

Just count yourself lucky its 2021 and not 1985.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

So you don't like dags, bass?

Sorry, had to be done. I'm not a fan of dogs and don't really give a monkey's about them, but there's no fouling of noise issue around here as it happens, so they don't bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

I think this thread and the anti-cat thread should have a fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

There are far too many of them on the planet. A quarter of the impact of meat production comes from the pet-food industry apparently. Never mind all the plastic crap that pet superstores etc make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I suffered alot from nuisance dogs last year

null_zps7bebf49b.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mohawk

I feel you OP. In fairness to the dogs it’s the owners fault when their dog impacts you.

Plenty of good responsible owners but unfortunately too many that aren’t.

Too many owners think it’s okay to take them off the lead and let them do as they please piss me off big time.

I don’t want to be growled at when I am out for a walk. All the owners say is oh my fur baby wouldn’t hurt anyone.

I can’t go to a local spot for a walk anymore as there is a huge amount of dogs their lately and when your out for a walk trying to keep heart rate up they just get in the way and slow you down because the owners have no control over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Oh you're so high and mighty. We are not worthy of a Saint like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I don't like dogs.

There.

I've said it.

No I don't want to pet it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Not only are dangerous dogs all the rage; now but I’m increasingly finding without a muzzle or leash is this acceptable to the gardaí now?!

They should be rounded up caged or put down this is completely unnaceptable. In the meantime breeders should be rooted out and held accountable.. good luck with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

I see you took the safer option of trolling dog owners over cat owners.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I don't like dogs.

There.

I've said it.

No I don't want to pet it.

You're a monster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I’d take my dog over half of ye any day. Dogs don’t have time or love for **** which is why people find solace in the filthy beasts known as cats. It takes true integrity to be a dogs friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Not a fan of dogs. Too needy. Attachment issues. Hate when you visit someone and their bloody dog is all over you like a cheap suit.

"Hey If I had known I'd have to wrestle with a smelly animal in your sitting room, I would have worn my old painting clothes" - I would like to say.......

Give me a cat any day. They annoy you for food then go away for 12 hours until they might like a rub on the head for 10 minutes, then they go away again.

Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

To what extent is the legal requirement to have a licence for a dog enforced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Not a fan of dogs. Too needy. Attachment issues. Hate when you visit someone and their bloody dog is all over you like a cheap suit.

"Hey If I had known I'd have to wrestle with a smelly animal in your sitting room, I would have worn my old painting clothes" - I would like to say.......

Give me a cat any day. They annoy you for food then go away for 12 hours until they might like a rub on the head for 10 minutes, then they go away again.

Lovely.

Why not both?

I have a German Shepherd. Adopted from the pound. Bubbly, affectionate and dumber than a bag of hammers.

I also have a Maine Coon. Aloof, clever.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

You absolute bastard, that ad upset the living bejaysus out of me as a child. It’s probably 30 or more years since I’ve seen it and I can’t bring myself to watch it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I’d take my dog over half of ye any day. Dogs don’t have time or love for **** which is why people find solace in the filthy beasts known as cats. It takes true integrity to be a dogs friend.

It's easy to be a dog's friend. It's an effort not to be.

But a cat? You have to work for it. It's being a friend to it, despite knowing it's a prick half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You absolute bastard, that ad upset the living bejaysus out of me as a child. It’s probably 30 or more years since I’ve seen it and I can’t bring myself to watch it now.

538425.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

CruelCoin wrote: »
    It's easy to be a dog's friend. It's an effort not to be.

But a cat? You have to work for it. It's being a friend to it, despite knowing it's a prick half the time.

A true friend? No it’s not, they might tolerate you and show you some tricks they learned like giving the paw etc but they aren’t your friend. Cats can go and **** - evil manipulative creatures who would eat your dead body given a chance. A dog will literally lay beside you and die from the hunger and sorrow - that’s real ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't like the way some people seem to think that their dog is more human than actual humans. There was a thread about someone who thought they should be able to break lockdown rules to go collect a puppy because "it was part of their family".

It's a pet, an animal; no matter how much of an attachment or bond you feel for it, it's no more family than my venus fly trap. You don't get to put your granny to sleep just because she is too old, and you can bring your granny into a shop whether she is a service granny or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

I love Clifford, the big red dog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

Dogs are awesome, but I've a pain in my arse being woken up at 2 in the morning by inconsiderate neighbours leaving their precious "family member" dog outside in the freezing cold, barking at the back door to be let back in, but they've fallen asleep in front of a blaring TV because they're drunk and can't hear it. But I fucking can. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

After what happened the other night with the cat thread I'm closing this .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement