Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Fraud follow up

Options
  • 05-01-2021 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭

Hi, the BOI CC fraud team satisfactorily dealt with a couple of dodgy transactions on my card over the Christmas period, the member I was talking to gave me the following email address to follow up on:

crime.reports@boi.ie (or possibly crimes.reports@boi.ie, I've tried both) but it doesn't work. I basically want to find out some information about the charges that were made against the card which should be available to them.

On a related note, like a bunch of other people here I was texted out of the blue about a mysterious transaction, mentioning a website, and asked to reply 'yes' or 'no'. I of course ignored it. Only when I was checking the next day for some Amazon refunds did I notice some weird transactions and put 2 and 2 together.

2 things struck me.
    1 is: I should NEVER be asked to reply to some random text. that SMS should have instructions to find and ring the BOI CC Fraud hotline immediately. Asking for a reply makes it look MORE dodgy.

2. Logging into banking 365 there wasn't a single intimation or sign that the CC Fraud team had already locked my CC account as a result of suspicious activity. THAT should have been in FLASHING RED LETTERS as soon as I logged in, with another message about ringing the fraud team immediately.

Anyhow, TL;DR: what is the correct email address as per above to follow up with the fraud team on this. I also have to get onto the Gardai and get an incident number and pass it onto them.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi, the BOI CC fraud team satisfactorily dealt with a couple of dodgy transactions on my card over the Christmas period, the member I was talking to gave me the following email address to follow up on:

crime.reports@boi.ie (or possibly crimes.reports@boi.ie, I've tried both) but it doesn't work. I basically want to find out some information about the charges that were made against the card which should be available to them.

On a related note, like a bunch of other people here I was texted out of the blue about a mysterious transaction, mentioning a website, and asked to reply 'yes' or 'no'. I of course ignored it. Only when I was checking the next day for some Amazon refunds did I notice some weird transactions and put 2 and 2 together.

2 things struck me.
    1 is: I should NEVER be asked to reply to some random text. that SMS should have instructions to find and ring the BOI CC Fraud hotline immediately. Asking for a reply makes it look MORE dodgy.

2. Logging into banking 365 there wasn't a single intimation or sign that the CC Fraud team had already locked my CC account as a result of suspicious activity. THAT should have been in FLASHING RED LETTERS as soon as I logged in, with another message about ringing the fraud team immediately.

Anyhow, TL;DR: what is the correct email address as per above to follow up with the fraud team on this. I also have to get onto the Gardai and get an incident number and pass it onto them.

D.
    Good morning Daire,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud. To follow up on your case, the email address would be crimereports@boi.com. One of my colleagues will be in touch following an email from you.

We value your feedback in relation to this and I will be sure to share this with the relevant department. Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking to disclose any of your banking details in full. Our security team are available on 1800946764 if you receive a similar text to this and would like to speak to them directly. 

I hope this information helps and if there is anything else we can do for you today please get back in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

2 things struck me.

D.
    Good morning Daire,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud. To follow up on your case, the email address would be crimereports@boi.com. One of my colleagues will be in touch following an email from you.

We value your feedback in relation to this and I will be sure to share this with the relevant department. Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking to disclose any of your banking details in full. Our security team are available on 1800946764 if you receive a similar text to this and would like to speak to them directly. 

I hope this information helps and if there is anything else we can do for you today please get back in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Thanks for the email Megan. As regards the process, yes I understand how it works, just that it 1. looks spammy and 2. there should be some notification on banking 365 as well once you log in. That said, I don't know what other banks do.

Advertisement