Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media pisstaking

Options
  • 05-01-2021 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure this is the best place for it but I'm am a customer and I have an issue :)

Getting the run around from virgin media for the last month or so trying to do something very simple.

I need to change my mobile account to pay by DD, ironically enough , my intention was to give them more business by getting another sim on the account.

Went through my online account thinking it'd be a simple thing. Only to be greeted by "Please note: It is not currently possible to change your mobile billing details online"

Fine, tried ringing them, got a message saying customer care was closed (couple of different time during their advertised opening hours)

Got on to them on WhatsApp " no we can't do that on here you have to ring up"

Tried again a couple of weeks later "no we can't do that on WhatsApp, you have to ring up" so they sent me a PDF DD mandate and a link to an online request form. Printed it , filled it in, scanned it , filled in the form "Ajax request failure: " . Tried on the laptop and on mobile, same crap . It just says that and then hangs on submitting for as long as the window is left open.

Left it for the Christmas and got back to it today, wanted to ring about upgrading my broadband (needed to ring cos I got an email after trying online that it couldn't be done online) . An hour on hold to sales, sorted the broadband, asked her could she change the mobile billing details to DD " no but I'll find out who can. On hold. " Ok, I'm forwarding you to the right section. Another hour on hold . " No I can't change mobile billing details, you'll have to do it online. Told him it says I can't " you'll have to get on to them on WhatsApp to do that" ****ing hell. Told him they said they can't do it and I had to ring. He had nothing other than " I can't do it"

Wtf is the solution here?I'll probably just end up cancelling and going elsewhere.

Currently 52 mins on WhatsApp waiting on them to reply to see have they another method.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Consider making an official complaint, explain the issues you have been having including being unable to contact customer support during advertised hours of opening.

If you do not hear back within 10 days then contact ComReg and make a complaint. You can be sure the matter will then be resolved fairly sharpish.

You could just cancel if you wanted as you say, but it's time Virgin Media were held accountable for their atrocious customer care as of late in the same manner as Eir have been.

I was getting the run around from Virgin Media with a mobile phone related billing issue late last year, ended up getting an apology from their Complaints Team and credit on my account after contacting ComReg.

Advertisement