Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snow - Overnight Wed/Thu 6th/7th January 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

As you can see above turning readily now to snow as it hits the midlands, just a case of how much we get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

cartes_obsg

Radar says yes/maybe, lamppost says not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

As you can see above turning readily now to snow as it hits the midlands, just a case of much we get now.

Also coming into better range of the radars for more accurate intensity and it's looking decent enough. May even re-awaken some early quitters!

The lamppost knows all

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

As you can see above turning readily now to snow as it hits the midlands, just a case of how much we get now.

hope dublin do ok lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Snow now been reported falling over parts of Roscommon, Leitrim and Tyrone. Image attached is from Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim tonight.

https://t.co/OAbhjFOjIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Light rain has just started here in athenry.
    It was -2c earlier but the temp rose just as the rain arrived.
    The ground is frozen solid though so maybe the tail end of the front will leave me some snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Rougies wrote: »
    Also coming into better range of the radars for more accurate intensity and it's looking decent enough. May even re-awaken some early quitters!

*lifts duvet, opens one eye blearily*

You called?

Still - 4 here. Radar shows precip rather close. Should I sneak a look outside I wonder?

Still - 4 here. Radar shows precip rather close. Should I sneak a look outside I wonder?

In my considered opinion I think you should.

5YCq.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Freezing rain it is so, enjoy the snow, those who get it. Until next time. Can't stay up any longer to see if this improves for me. Out.

Freezing rain it is so, enjoy the snow, those who get it. Until next time. Can't stay up any longer to see if this improves for me. Out.

Another fallen hero :pac:

In my considered opinion I think you should.

5YCq.gif

I did, nothing yet. Everything frozen outside with a temperature of - 3.8 Offaly Westmeath Border. Precip looks to be arriving Athlone direction. If the radar is correct. Netweather radar says Rain/snow. Weather Channel radar has it snow. Freezing rain would be disastrous for driving tomorrow.

Another fallen hero :pac:

If Aunty stays up,he'll be your uncle
    These weakening NW fronts rarely drop anything in Arklow, being in the South east lee of a large mountain and hill range
    We often see bits of blue sky as they splinter
    Maybe this one will stall around 10am or noon in East wicklow :D

Currently-1c here ,wind has just gone NNW

Latest road traffic camera from Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim showing snowfalling currently.

Air temperature - 0.3C
    Road Temperature -1.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 32 polarhullar

2/3cms on Benevenagh and still falling quite heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 polarhullar

2/3cms on Benevenagh and still falling quite heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

A few light flake falling now
    in Cavan town I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭booferking

Snowing lightly getting a bit heavier cover here already.

Building back more than I expected around Mayo, Galway and Sligo, that aspect looks good for the south midlands imo

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

South of the M6 and east of the M20/M18 there is some spread of -4c and -5c across this decent chunk of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Calling it quits for the night, will be a while before the front reaches here. Have gotten the kids aldi ski gear out though in anticipation / hope of a fun morning......

A dusting of snow now in Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Danno wrote: »
    South of the M6 and east of the M20/M18 there is some spread of -4c and -5c across this decent chunk of the country.

yup. To get to me the front needs to travel over 250 miles of frigid land......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Building back more than I expected around Mayo, Galway and Sligo, that aspect looks good for the south midlands imo

Come to papa! :pac: :D

Moving so slow, it's almost here but I've got to sleep... Too old for this lark...

Snooze you lose

Snooze you lose

I know.... It'll be there in 4 hrs though when I get up.... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm hearing there's a nice bit of snow falling well off the NW coast. Major snowball fight has broken out between the Northern Celt and the Jura. Silent Night heard from onshore near the Shell abomination.
    #CoLdwars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I'm hearing there's a nice bit of snow falling well off the NW coast. Major snowball fight has broken out between the Northern Celt and the Jura.
    #CoLdwars

Jasus, think that'll finish off any of the die hearts still up

Advertisement