Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snow - Overnight Wed/Thu 6th/7th January 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

just hope it stays in tact, very slow moving tho,

Some models show it going further south as it reaches E Meath/Kildare, hopefully if anything the Dublin/ Wicklow Mts get a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Freezing rain is ten times more dangerous for road conditions than snow, and mixtures of rain, sleet, freezing rain and melting snow are possible in some areas. There will be a core of all snow with fringes of mixed varieties. This system is about a 1 on the 10 point scale of warmth advecting Atlantic fronts, its "warm sector" is something like 3/2 while the air mass ahead of it is well below freezing. You can still see a bit of the structure of warm and cold fronts on the radar. It should occlude completely by about 0600h when it reaches the more populated areas. That may mean a lot of people expecting rain or sleet will get snow instead. But amounts may not be all that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

0.7 degrees in D18. Frosted outside and currently clear’ish sky - 2 stars visible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Current station reports

temp_uk.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Marine layer. Anywhere close to an on shore wind wasn't getting much or anything from this snow wise.

Yeah but we didn’t that northerly or SW wind that was touted.

So had we not had that cloud come in we may have had snow. Because the temps here didn’t rise much and actually fell after the rain arrived.

• Advertisement

Here you go. Still falling too.

A mere 3 miles from my house. Looks to be that small flaked type snow I seen earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Is Gonzo awake? Need reports from Meath soon enough...

Maybe not but I am! And I’m Meath and I’m waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 polarhullar

Here you go :)

8gaXEpD.jpg

6JFurCm.mp4

How deep is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 polarhullar

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    How deep is it now?

Maybe 3/4cm

Here's a 10 second video too.

https://i.imgur.com/6JFurCm.mp4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Surely we will get something a bit better than this, this month.

Maybe 3/4cm

Here's a 10 second video too.

https://i.imgur.com/6JFurCm.mp4

Lovely I’m sure it’ll stick around. It’s 1c and raining down here, such a dramatic contrast as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Yeah but we didn’t that northerly or SW wind that was touted.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ILIMAVAD8/graph/2021-01-6/2021-01-6/daily

Since 9pm there was a SSW or SW breeze a mere few miles away.

I did notice that station, and thought it was odd how much warmer it was, compared to here and Derry.

But yes it’s straight Easterly here. We just missed out on the snow by a fraction of a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

-4 Tullaroan Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Snowing nicely in East Clare for the last 10mins. Lodging straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Some nice snow fall the past half hour or so but seems to be getting lighter again.
    IMG-20210107-023305.jpg
    IMG-20210107-023144.jpg

What's the location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

A few very light flakes in Limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

What's the location?

That front is edging closer and closer. 325 would be my ETA for Dublin

• Advertisement

This is where we are now. The band of precipitation is weakening from the north.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Is Gonzo awake? Need reports from Meath soon enough...

Well excuse me Kermit but I'm still up in North Kildare, a little bit southeast of Enfield. Are my reports not good enough? Lol.

-3.4° and still dry but snow is intermittent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

A very light dusting in the Oldcastle area .

Thomastown in County Kilkenny almost -6c!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Frozen solid in Dublin North Central, awaiting flakes, possibly some in around an hour?

Frozen solid in Dublin North Central, awaiting flakes, possibly some in around an hour?

Possibly.

Odd snow flake showing up on this live feed with IR from Johnstown in NW County of Kilkenny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gljgXeN3Tw

Possibly.

If the front can back build and slide SSE from it's current position, the Greater Dublin could catch a few hours of light snow, too early to call yet, but radar returns aren't atrocious at the moment.

If the front can back build and slide SSE from it's current position, the Greater Dublin could catch a few hours of light snow, too early to call yet, but radar returns aren't atrocious at the moment.

Well it's slow and ponderous. The upshot of that is snow while falling lasting longer. Downside is the front is choking on it's own fumes right now. I'm hopeful.

• Advertisement

Heaviest snow appears to be up around Reaghstown, Louth at the moment, decent cover now there.

Advertisement