Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snow - Overnight Wed/Thu 6th/7th January 2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

In fairness the Weather Channel app radar was spot on with the snow element. NW radar had it as rain and snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heavier in lucan now. About 1cm or 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Very light dusting in Newtownmountkennedy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was out for a little snow walk. Nice (but thin) coating in Dublin 16. Snow very light atm. Hoping for a top up burst. 0.2c atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Icing sugar dusting in Mullingar and my 14 month old has lost his mind!! It’s absolutely lovely

• Advertisement

Snowing for 30 mins now in Cork. Seemed to be stopping but actually now chucking it down! Kids will wake soon and will think daddy is a genius for knowing when its going to snow! Might make up for all those times daddy gets their hopes up only for.......

It's lovely. Fell on very cold ground so it has covered every single surface. Very fine, dry snow too, which we rarely get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

Managed to get the kids into creche, roads were fine just snow not a lot of ice it seems around here. Definitely warmer than I was expecting but there's some lovely big flakes falling now. Fairly light dusting on the ground overall, very pleasant. D9.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Snowing steadily again in Dublin 15....moderate snowfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭914

-1 in Waterford City. Very frosty. No snow as of yet but nice looking clouds to the north

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Light snow falling again in D5, more like snow flurries at this point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

1 to 2 cm lying near Roscrea, still snowing lightly.

Positive temp 0.2’C

Ok I've seen ya snow now PFO :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Nice dusting in D22 and its still going, very fine flakes.... Gave up waiting and took the Xmas lights in... Damn they'd have look so pretty this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

Very Light Snow in Tinahely Co Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I woke to the sight of white gold :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭914

Light snow falling in Waterford City now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭piplip87

Two doggies enjoying the snow in Virginia. https://twitter.com/LieSmeller/status/1347098792240304138?s=19

There will be none left for the kids at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 leeash10

Light snow covering in West Wicklow, currently light snow shower, roads icy, -1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

White gold in cork City :) and its currently snowing too

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Around 2 cm in Dublin 15 now... Beautiful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

White gold in cork City :) and its currently snowing too

Was up about 6 for a cuppa so this is recent and it's a big blanket of it and coming down now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

1 cm of a covering being reported at Cork Airport at 8 am
    <1 mm at Casement.

More moderate snowfall now in D5

Temp actually dropped a bit since snow stopped. - 0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

A nice dusting in D14, and light but steady snow coming down. Wasn't expecting this at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

2 snow mornings in January where I am near Mallow.

A nice dusting in D14, and light but steady snow coming down. Wasn't expecting this at all!

The cold spell certainly helped with the settling even of a small fall like this. Cold and frozen ground, drier weather, all helps. At least some of us got something and it's still early winter, we will have more chances after the thaw comes in a couple of days. I'm glass half full this morning and given my usual negativity, please embrace it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

2 snow mornings in January where I am near Mallow.

Mallow is in a good spot in Cork for the sneachta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Well that looks like the last of the showers. Nice postcard winter scene outside in Monasterevin.

Still rueing the lack of heavy precipitation as conditions were ideal otherwise. Hopefully get that in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Mallow is in a good spot in Cork for the sneachta!

Usually get in February/March. Nothing like 2010 or 2018 but always looks so picturesque.

• Advertisement

Now I know later January and February will deliver
    The cold spell certainly helped with the settling even of a small fall like this. Cold and frozen ground, drier weather, all helps. At least some of us got something and it's still early winter, we will have more chances after the thaw comes in a couple of days. I'm glass half full this morning and given my usual negativity, please embrace it. :)

Advertisement