Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snow - Overnight Wed/Thu 6th/7th January 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow had stopped but coming down again in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of -5.3c with a grass minimum of -8.6c. Currently -1.0c in south Laois with a gentle snow falling. Overcast and somewhat foggy. (Less than 600m visibility).

And this too:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1347115817792643072?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Where’s the nearest to Galway they got a decent dumping I’ll drive to it ðŸ˜႒

No good unless you’re within 5km of it

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

KingJeremy wrote: »

Forgot that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Forgot that lol
    Yeah it’s kinda crap :-(
    I’m on the east Galway/Tipp border and not a flake here, I was sure we’d get something! All weather apps were saying it. Trying to console myself that it’s still a beautiful morning, sun is shining, no wind, etc....but I was really hankering for a dusting of white when I opened the curtains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Snow in north Waterford near Carrick on Suir. Only a light covering but it looks as though there is more up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Moderate dusting in Limk City overnight. Proper snow, not melting just yet. -1.2c atm.

GKc3c7Pl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Light dusting in Waterford city. Lovel big flakes earlier but now that fine grit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

A decent dusting in East Cork too :) Wasn't expecting much so a nice little surprise to wake up to.

IMG-0401.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

He looks very pleased with himself! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Snowing at Roches Point. Can't imagine that's happened too many times in the past. Temp 0.6, dewpoint -0.4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

How did Dublin get 2cm yet most others got nothing. I was sure the midlands would have done well.

Offaly did well anyway. It was a fragmenting band we got the sweet spot, Roscommon only 30 or so km away, got nothing or little. That's snow for you. Next time, we will miss out, we do 80% of the time...

Snowing at Roches Point. Can't imagine that's happened too many times in the past. Temp 0.6, dewpoint -0.4.

Definitely not. I know it did well once or twice during 1947,1963 and 78 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Where’s the nearest to Galway they got a decent dumping I’ll drive to it ðŸ˜႒
    Parts of Gort reported snow this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Woke up to a decent 2-3CM's in Tullaroan Kilkenny
    Snowing hard again now the last 10 minutes

Will try get out for a walk up the hills soon for some pics

Hopefully those who got none will get a few flakes soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Coming down heavy now, SE Tipp, 150m asl

Well here in Arklow, you'd break your leg on the ice trying to catch the snow flakes
    There was one flake fell a few metres from me,whilst a few minutes ago,there was1 at the bottom of the yard
    Basically as expected no precipitation is making it through the wicklow mountains
    Meanwhile temp continuing to rise
    Air 1.1c
    Dewpoint -2.1c
    Wb -0.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snowing heavily in south Kilkenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Some nice flakes blowing in the wind here in Wexford, More than I expected tbh ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

AuntySnow wrote: »
    There was one flake fell a few metres from me,whilst a few minutes ago,there was1 at the bottom of the yard.

:)

Snowmagedan!

• Advertisement

KingJeremy wrote: »

I can see a friendly Garda waving you through. Just say you need to find some snow, and it's for compassionate reasons, and that you're a weather nut... Should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Feels rather Baltic this morning... There's a breeze adding to the chill in North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Frozen canal near Maynooth
    20210107-103347.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Getting more snow than expected! Just started again after a nice dusting this am. Backroads are lethal as are some more main routes that haven't been gritted.

(Carlow side of Mt Leinster.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Will the east get another dusting tomorrow?

Back Roads here snow covered but I guess the secondary and mains should be fine. Fog has returned here, keeping the temperature at or just below freezing. So the snow remains intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

The Mig wrote: »
    Will the east get another dusting tomorrow?

Chances looked good when I saw the charts yesterday, all fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sun out now.. snow melting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A heavy fog has drifted in around Tullamore. Maybe 3cm of snow overnight. Very minimal melt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Nice walk out to the canal in Castleknock with the kids,looks still a snowy sky,lovely and fresh

Advertisement