Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazyguyonabike down??

Options
  • 05-01-2021 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

The CGOAB site is unavailable at the moment....
    Occasionally, I can get on, but after a few page clicks, I get
    "Too many requests" error, and it's gone again for at least a few days....
    I miss my cycling stories!!!

Anyone able to confirm??
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

It's fine on my puter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Working fine for me too (never been there before, looks interesting)

Edit: maybe check your browser and delete the cookie(s) for the site? (Google how to do it on your browser if required, but don't delete all cookies or 'reset' your browser - you'll be logging back into websites for weeks!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

up for me - is it meant to look a bit 1990s?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭cletus

It's working for me, but hurts my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cletus wrote: »
    It's working for me, but hurts my eyes

Works for me bit OMG, as above, there's 101 links fighting for my attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Working for me here.

For anyone who hasn't read it yet - Willie Bennet's round the world trip is a really good read. https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1mr&doc_id=15431&v=TD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

It strikes me that all those who contribute to that website are used to the earthy, primitive way of life that comes with transporting yourself and everything you need with your own muscles, whilst living under canvas and cooking on a portable stove, etc, and that those on here complaining about the primitive/old-fashioned appearance of the website would not do well away from their warm houses with their fast broadband that can load complex, image-heavy web pages in milliseconds. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭cletus

Type 17 wrote: »
    It strikes me that all those who contribute to that website are used to the earthy, primitive way of life that comes with transporting yourself and everything you need with your own muscles, whilst living under canvas and cooking on a portable stove, etc, and that those on here complaining about the primitive/old-fashioned appearance of the website would not do well away from their warm houses with their fast broadband that can load complex, image-heavy web pages in milliseconds. ;)

I wouldn't know, I was about to read one of the articles, but I had a photosensitive seizure before I could click on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

When I read the title, I thought some well known cycling figure must have hit the deck this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 andyoc

When I read the title, I thought some well known cycling figure must have hit the deck this morning.

Ha! Hadn't thought of that....Apologies if I scared anyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement