Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Simon TX model 60-916-cp-03

Options
  • 05-01-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, we have the alarm (PW Simon TX model 60-916-cp-03) from PW just over 10 years now, we stopped the monitoring service and just used it as a standard alarm instead for the last few years.
    The time has come where the batteries need replacing in the motion sensors. The last time I checked, PW wanted around 150 to come out and change batteries, I know the type of battery that needs to go into the sensors and cant see why they wont let me do it myself.

I have the engineer code and just need advice on how to let the system know that I am changing the batteries.

Someone has already opened one of the sensors so now the "Sensor Tampered with" message is showing on the panel.

Does anyone know what settings I need to activate on the panel to allow me open the sensors and change the batteries myself and how do I reset the sensor that has the tampered with message on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, we have the alarm (PW Simon TX model 60-916-cp-03) from PW just over 10 years now, we stopped the monitoring service and just used it as a standard alarm instead for the last few years.
    The time has come where the batteries need replacing in the motion sensors. The last time I checked, PW wanted around 150 to come out and change batteries, I know the type of battery that needs to go into the sensors and cant see why they wont let me do it myself.

I have the engineer code and just need advice on how to let the system know that I am changing the batteries.

Someone has already opened one of the sensors so now the "Sensor Tampered with" message is showing on the panel.

Does anyone know what settings I need to activate on the panel to allow me open the sensors and change the batteries myself and how do I reset the sensor that has the tampered with message on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Very simple to change these batteries yourself.

Putting in the engineer code brings you to a different menu than the standard user menu.

Also closing the tamper on the device after changing the battery will close up the tamper but you will still have an event on the panel till you acknowledge it and then press disarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭deadimmortal

altor wrote: »
    Very simple to change these batteries yourself.

Putting in the engineer code brings you to a different menu than the standard user menu.

Also closing the tamper on the device after changing the battery will close up the tamper but you will still have an event on the panel till you acknowledge it and then press disarm.

Thanks so much for the reply. I got it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks so much for the reply. I got it to work.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted

Advertisement