Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of running ethernet cables for external Poe camera

Options
  • 05-01-2021 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd be looking for someone to run ethernet cables from my hall, though internal walls up to my attic and adding an electrical point in the attic, then run cables from the attic to 6 points for external Poe cameras.

I'd be providing and terminating the cables myself and setting up the cameras / system / switch myself.

Just literally looking for costs to run the cables and setup an electrical point.

Any idea of costs of someone to do this?

Sorry if not enough information provided, if you need more then just ask!

I'd try and run the ethernet cables myself but afraid I'd make a balls of it!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd be looking for someone to run ethernet cables from my hall, though internal walls up to my attic and adding an electrical point in the attic, then run cables from the attic to 6 points for external Poe cameras.

I'd be providing and terminating the cables myself and setting up the cameras / system / switch myself.

Just literally looking for costs to run the cables and setup an electrical point.

Any idea of costs of someone to do this?

Sorry if not enough information provided, if you need more then just ask!

I'd try and run the ethernet cables myself but afraid I'd make a balls of it!

Hi Davo. Ran 6 ethernet cables myself today around the house. Handy enough to do once you find access and the route. A set of rods is a must thought. Alternatively you could run them externally of you can disguise them.

Advertisement