Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1346867624681025541

Mary Lou calls for the closing of the Irish border and full partition of the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Eamonn Ryan just bowed to the translator

Still, not as bad as MM's chinese impression

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

AdamD wrote: »
    They're damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to schools. This sounds like a reasonable compromise.

Unless you are a teacher, SNA, school bus driver etc.. then tough sh1t.

The virus is rampant, putting 30 young adults in a room and saying to a teacher sure a piece of cloth around your mouth will protect you is not going to wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Amirani wrote: »

Mary Lou calls for the closing of the Irish border and full partition of the island.

it's very easy to say **** like that when you no one will listen to you and there will be no repercussions

I do share the frustration with diplomacy slowing things down all the time and driving our cases up again and again though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

MOR316 wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that I was told this by my friend who is reliable, that we would be in lockdown come the 1st week of January and closed until the end of March.
    I posted the information here some time ago and I have been accused of trolling by a Mod whilst others said I was talking ****, trying to scare people

Cheers for that

i can see getting rid of click and collect been the end for a lot of small business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Well maybe there was something in your delivery, you like to name call and ridicule people

False accusation. I never "name call"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Or an all island approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

So lockdown until Easter when warmer weather and vaccinations are hopefully digging us out of this hole.
    They better not shut the off licences.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hospitals about to be overwhelmed and biggest worry is takeaway pints? Do people not know that they sell cans in the supermarket for 1 fifth of the price?

And we are seriously questioning why we are in this disaster?

Exactly, no word of weddings

i can see getting rid of click and collect been the end for a lot of small business

Big time!

And I can't help but feel awful about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

alentejo wrote: »
    I think if the lockdown is till the end of March.

Two things strike me
    The government right or wrongly will be blamed for the xmas episode.

The mental health of the nation will be comprised like no other time since the pandemic started. I can see real mental health issues down the road.

In addition, can't see any type of hospitality open before July.

I have a feeling 2021 is actually going to be worse than 2020

On the point of mental health, I think it is important that people living on their own use the option of the support bubble. I started using it in the last round (November) with my best friend and it made a world of difference having someone to talk to in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eod100 wrote: »
    This could be for a lot of the restrictions so:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1346865388886384640

Clarrified his comment after that it'll be reviewed on an ongoing basis, firstly at end of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Unless you are a teacher, SNA, school bus driver etc.. then tough sh1t.

The virus is rampant, putting 30 young adults in a room and saying to a teacher sure a piece of cloth around your mouth will protect you is not going to wash.
    Do LC classes even have 30 in them? At most you'd have 10-15 per class per day.

that's surely temporary till the hospitals have a bit of space, that's a low risk thing, whereas reopening retail completely is mid risk

Still, not as bad as MM's chinese impression

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Clarrified his comment after that it'll be reviewed on an ongoing basis, firstly at end of Jan

He’s a fcukin jokeshop.
    Can he not keep his mouth shut and stop waffling half baked plans.
    A fcukin sieve.

is_that_so wrote: »

Maybe in some towns? In cities it's always 30 teenagers, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

Whats her party doing about that in Stormont, they are the ones allowing the loophole of permitting travel into NI from the UK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Always knew she would see sense sooner or later:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Absolutely, Varadkar referred to it at the start saying many businesses will be closed now and may not reopen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    It's immensely bigger risk for somebody with CF when the health service is collapsed due to a pandemic versus if they caught something like a flu during the normal course of things. Especially due to the unknowns in how this will impact individuals.

Don't you think that people who have underlying conditions should have access to education or something? Weird hill to die on.

Nonsensical response tbh. By your logic if some can’t none should.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

is_that_so wrote: »

Put 15 18 year olds in a room and ask an adult to sit in there with them for 6 hrs, see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yup saw that. Think it's tied to vaccine roll out. Say will be at least to end of February anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

I know it would take massive organization but every student is studying a good few subjects that aren't relevant to their future career, could we drop everyone down to 4 subjects, A-level style, so that they all had much less to do and missing this month (and months last year) wouldn't make a difference to them

There's a whiff of common sense about this that wouldn't get very far in th Dept of Ed..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If the shinners are calling for partition then its off the fupping scales bad. Honestly at this stage think we could use them in charge , they couldn't possibly be any worse than MM and co at the wheel.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Maybe in some towns? In cities it's always 30 teenagers, right?
    I don't know the answer. Been quite a while since I did it, even then we had about 25 in the class. With different levels I guess it would be even more fragmented.

Put 15 18 year olds in a room and ask an adult to sit in there with them for 6 hrs, see how that goes.
    It's not primary. LC would mean different teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Irish Aris wrote: »
    On the point of mental health, I think it is important that people living on their own use the option of the support bubble. I started using it in the last round (November) with my best friend and it made a world of difference having someone to talk to in person.

Agreed. I bubbled with another person living on their own and it was so much better than the spring lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Teachers seem to be resigned that they can't devise a plan to keep LC going.

Rather pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement