Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Eod100 wrote: »
    Or an all island approach.

A wall around much of Antrim would do the trick I'd say. Block off Aldergrove, George Best and Arlene's house. We can deal with whatever comes through Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

ForestFire wrote: »
    Missed the live performance.

Cam some one clarify the points below.

I presume they are all now banned as they are practically the same thing??

1) Take away points in pubs not allowed?
    2) Take away drinks from restaurants not allowed?
    3) Off licenses closed?
    4) Sale of alcohol in supermarkets not allowed??

You have a one track mind

Country goes into a hard national lockdown and these are your first 4 questions:pac::D

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Stheno wrote: »
    Does anyone know when non essential retail such as Vodafone has to close?

Communications and phone repair is essential and was open during the lockdown last lockdown proper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't know the answer. Been quite a while since I did it, even then we had about 25 in the class. With different levels I guess it would be even more fragmented.

In our school if the class wasn't full it wouldn't run. It needed at least 25 to run but it was almost always 30 students. They wouldn't (couldn't) hire a teacher to teach only 15 people

If you didn't have enough for one level you'd combine them, so the teacher had to teach hounours and pass at the same time, going back and forth between them and giving extra classes after school for the honours students

Sometimes a student wouldn't get all their optional subjects, but made sure everyone always got their first choice of subject

Teachers are the most expensive thing in the educations system, you wouldn't run a class with 15 students, I assume that hasn't changed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Supercell wrote: »
    If the shinners are calling for partition then its off the fupping scales bad. Honestly at this stage think we could use them in charge , they couldn't possibly be any worse than MM and co at the wheel.

Taking 15 of us and another 50 as advisers and we'd not do any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Communications and phone repair is essential and was open during the lockdown last lockdown proper

What about bookies, tanning salons and cafes are they essential or are they closing?

Did we ever have a lockdown proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Varadkar saying the Health Service being great doesn't prevent people getting covid in the first place.

Sounds very much like blaming people who have contracted the virus.

Maybe he should look at two members of his own government and blame them personally too.
    Baseless politically motivated comparison.
    Not possible to apportion blame in an individual case since some people covered up the fact that they were in a high risk situation which those around them could not know about...or they did not restrict movements as directed.
    That's different to someone ,say, who moved around in a crowd without a mask and was infected.

• Advertisement

i can see getting rid of click and collect been the end for a lot of small business

Delivery people are going to be on the pig's back, one of the few to gain.

Did we ever have a lockdown proper?

Nope. Not wuhan style anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

giphy.gif

Ffs :D

"Do ye like salads, do ye?"

In our school if the class wasn't full it wouldn't run. It needed at least 25 to run but it was almost always 30 students. They wouldn't (couldn't) hire a teacher to teach only 15 people

If you didn't have enough for one level you'd combine them, so the teacher had to teach hounours and pass at the same time, going back and forth between them and giving extra classes after school for the honours students

Sometimes a student wouldn't get all their optional subjects, but made sure everyone always got their first choice of subject

Teachers are the most expensive thing in the educations system, you wouldn't run a class with 15 students, I assume that hasn't changed

Why wouldn’t you run a class with 15 kids. Sitting at home or in school the teachers are still on the payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Idiot.

More like a socially distant headbutt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

Delivery people are going to be on the pig's back, one of the few to gain.

Amazon is going to make an absolute fortune. There’s also no VAT on items from Amazon.co.uk due to a Brexit loophole if they’re valued under €22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

People on about closing off licenses really?

If off licenses were shut the hospitals would not be able to cope. Thousands upon thousands of alcoholics would need medical supervision to detox.

Riots would happen and break ins would happen all over the country. Suicide rate would jump through the roof.

Happy though the take away pints are done away with, should never of been allowed.

Teachers have given up before even trying to make a safe plan. Disappointing attitude.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Nope. Not wuhan style anyway.

Neither will we.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There will be war over the Leaving Cert decision. Unworkable. Teachers will say same. Foley is very very poor.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not primary. LC would mean different teachers.

Everywhere but in schools it says considered a close contact if 15 minutes in company of someone who tests positive. LC students are adult sized some are size of rugby players, but yeah safe.:rolleyes:

We have now no track and trace interesting experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

More like a socially distant headbutt

:D

Reminds me of that episode of Mr.Bean when he's doing Karate.

"One big bow and then the throw"

Pcgamer wrote: »
    People on about closing off licenses really?

If off licenses were shut the hospitals would not be able to cope. Thousands upon thousands of alcoholics would need medical supervision to detox.

Riots would happen and break ins would happen all over the country. Suicide rate would jump through the roof.

Happy though the take away pints are done away with, should never of been allowed.

Are we this dependent on alcohol?
    Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Why wouldn’t you run a class with 15 kids. Sitting at home or in school the teachers are still on the payroll.

... they worked out during the summer how many teachers they needed to hire that year for the number of students they had

rather than having two classes with 15 students you combine the classes into one so you only have to pay one teacher and you only have to hire the one teacher. That's why some students don't get their options, that's why small schools offer fewer options

If there are 46 people wanting to do home economics then there is only one home economics class, you don't run one class of 30 and one of 16 (or two of 23) because that's an extra teacher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Really ? Most pay by week no ? Our creche is a weekly fee anyway

No ours goes out first working day of the month so went out Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

MOR316 wrote: »
    :D

Reminds me of that episode of Mr.Bean when he's doing Karate.

"One big bow and then the throw"

Or when he meets the queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

There will be war over the Leaving Cert decision. Unworkable. Teachers will say same. Foley is very very poor.

I could see industrial action being likely over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

What happens to children in leaving cert with underlying medical conditions?
    They stay at home and distance learn? This is nothing new actually.
    The DoE has a directive specifically saying that there is no provision for students who require distance learning due to medical conditions.

https://twitter.com/AddressingLife/status/1336669422501629953
    How have children with Cystic fibrosis managed in the past?
    During covid18 and 17?
    You think Covid was the only threat to a person with CF?
    It's immensely bigger risk for somebody with CF when the health service is collapsed due to a pandemic versus if they caught something like a flu during the normal course of things. Especially due to the unknowns in how this will impact individuals.

Don't you think that people who have underlying conditions should have access to education or something? Weird hill to die on.
    Nonsensical response tbh. By your logic if some can’t none should.

No, I don't think that. People should have access to education if they have underlying conditions or family with same. I have quoted the relevant posts to show that at no point did I make any suggestion even resembling what you're claiming. I won't be responding to further posts as I have made my point and it's clear what your position is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement