Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

So essentially when you say strong hints you've nothing to back that up and its purely your opinion, thats fine, doesn't make it fact though.

You are correct, it is just an opinion. I have found that things have become more and more predictable during the last year. I am honestly hearing lots of hints from the politicians, unless I am miss reading them. Varadkers comments in the last week are telling I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I think super-fast super-accurate tests are a huge key. They should throw billions at developing them. It would mean safe flying, safe congregating, quick test trace isolate. Lick yer testing stick then go visit granny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Turtwig wrote: »
    Funny thing is it's the rest of world that's fcking them over. If COVID was in control elsewhere New Zealand wouldn't need the level of controls it does.

Yeah, majority of the world made a real balls up in relation to borders and controlling internal borders. New Zealand, Australia and some of Asia showed everyone else how it could be done but it's like everywhere else just covered their eyes and ears and pretended it wasn't realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Are we really imprisoned like this until June. Work to home, home to work. I'm going insane. I miss my friends and family like everyone else who is adhering to the restrictions.

A friend left a voice message on a WhatsApp group I'm in yesterday and they were clearly at a party. We're not all adhering to them.

Where the flip are 2.5k cases a day coming from. I haven't been outside my house except to go in and do my essential job (no colleagues, no public). Shopping ordered in and exercise just around the block. I literally couldn't get covid doing that stuff if I really wanted it.

Is everyone having a mad laugh? I'm thinking of just stopping this now like because there's no end at all. I didn't go out with friends or family over Christmas, I just saw my two parents for dinner on Christmas day. That visit is the only social contact I've had in the last three months.

All I want is to go into the woods and stay in a tent when the weather gets nice in two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Sunday tends to be super negative in here. Hopefully the numbers this evening gives us some cheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

The reason level 3 restrictions failed was simply to do with Christmas, so many individuals and even whole businesses ignoring restrictions, people mixing everywhere. Quite honestly it was always going to be a disaster over Christmas.

I think as the summer arrives we hopefully should be in a better position to relax restrictions a bit.

Unfortunately we are going to be back to square one again next Christmas again. Vaccinations may help a bit, but with new variants arriving this pandemic is going to rumble on well into next year and longer unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sunday tends to be super negative in here. Hopefully the numbers this evening gives us some cheer.

Think the last week has been tough on many people. We have to take positives where we can, vaccine is being rolled out, cases are dropping and days are getting brighter.
    We can also only deal with the facts that we have in front of us, hanging on what politicians say or maybe implying what will happen in
    4 months time doesnt help improve the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

A friend left a voice message on a WhatsApp group I'm in yesterday and they were clearly at a party. We're not all adhering to them.

Where the flip are 2.5k cases a day coming from

Well, I could hazard a guess that a big part of the problem is people like your friend who just don't give a s**t and are a major factor in us all suffering this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

jackboy wrote: »
    Yeah there are strong hints from government now that it may be level 5 until at least June.

I think you're going on headlines or haven't read, listened to or watched the entire comments. There are no such 'strong hints' as you put it.

It's your opinion or take on it but it's far from fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I think you're going on headlines or haven't read, listened to or watched the entire comments. There are no such 'strong hints' as you put it.

It's your opinion or take on it but it's far from fact.

Yes it’s just my opinion. It’s what I’m seeing though from many politicians. These slips in the past have frequently been proved to be the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

pm1977x wrote: »
    Well, I could hazard a guess that a big part of the problem is people like your friend who just don't give a s**t and are a major factor in us all suffering this crap.
    It was a very brief message but it sounded like there were 30 other people in the room with them. I was livid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Yup new community transmission case and they've said they won't be vaccinating until 2nd half of the year which is causing uproar

I wonder which strain it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

It was a very brief message but it sounded like there were 30 other people in the room with them. I was livid.

Will you challenge the dickhead? People like this are despicable. That they have 30 like minded dickhead friends is the terrifying bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Turtwig wrote: »
    Just a general comment on this. I've found it really strange how often some posters have assumed others aren't on PUP or wage subsidies due to the content of their post.

And it's generally true, the people still in full-time employment have no problem in shutting down the economy at the expense of other peoples jobs. The idea of we are all in this together is simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

niallo27 wrote: »
    And it's generally true, the people still in full-time employment have no problem in shutting down the economy at the expense of other peoples jobs. The idea of we are all in this together is simply not true.

Totally agreed. That notion died a death with Golfgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not saying there wasn't a party but the how could you know there was 30 people there by a sound clip. A brief one top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

New Zealand doesnt even need a vaccine.

They will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

I think in 5 weeks they'll be looking for people to give the vaccine too. Everyone I talk to say,, I DON'T WANT IT, NO WAY.

From your Trump posting history you seem to move in fairly contrarian circles. Most people I know are hoping to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Some people are slightly concerned since the approval process was so quick, but seem a bit more reassured when I explain how each vaccine works and what potential risks and benefits there may be. At the end of the day I think there seems to be a greater risk of complications from Covid than from the vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    From your Trump posting history you seem to move in fairly contrarian circles. Most people I know are hoping to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Some people are slightly concerned since the approval process was so quick, but seem a bit more reassured when I explain how each vaccine works and what potential risks and benefits there may be. At the end of the day I think there seems to be a greater risk of complications from Covid than from the vaccines.

OscarMIlde PWNS BorneTobyWilde:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

niallo27 wrote: »
    Not saying there wasn't a party but the how could you know there was 30 people there by a sound clip. A brief one top.

True story, I ate my dad (who is high risk) for having people over in the house when I phoned him the other night, only to learn he was on his own and it was the telly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

OscarMIlde wrote: »

Everyone I know are waiting and willing to queue for hours for it
    When its my turn I will be in that queue and delighted to be in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Jack lambert has just been on the radio and mentioned that he has patients in hospital who are "very low risk", doing nothing wrong. He said he has patients he believes got he virus when food was delivered to their homes and believes the virus is now more transmissible via surfaces than it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I think in 5 weeks they'll be looking for people to give the vaccine too. Everyone I talk to say,, I DON'T WANT IT, NO WAY.

If this is anything like your prediction that Trump would definitely get a second term and the election was stolen, then it's safe to say this is a load of nonsense.

Jack lambert has just been on the radio and mentioned that he has patients in hospital who are "very low risk", doing nothing wrong. He said he has patients he believes got he virus when food was delivered to their homes and believes the virus is now more transmissible via surfaces than it has been.

Sorry but Lambert is repeating what his patients told him . He has no evidence to suggest the virus is more transmissible via surfaces and it’s frankly very f**king irresponsible of him to suggest so.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    True story, I ate my dad....

Really was not sure where that post was going when I started to read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sorry but Lambert is repeating what his patients told him . He has no evidence to suggest the virus is more transmissible via surfaces and it’s frankly very f**king irresponsible of him to suggest so.

Yes he has no idea how they got the virus.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BredonWimsey

why have they been admitted to hospital though if not sick?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think the point is that patients may not have been entirely truthful about social contacts

Did I say they weren’t sick? I questioned the claim Lambert made as to how they contracted the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That is blind irresponsible speculation. It could well turn out to be true. Doesn't change the fact how irresponsible making such a statement is. Humans are unreliable narrators of their own lives. Let's find out objectively before scaring people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement