Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ek motor wrote: »
    What happened in belmullet ?

Was there hotel parties, gatherings with UK returnees too there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

23 deaths.

1,378 new confirmed cases

RIP to those who've died. Great to see another drop in cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭StevenToast

23 deaths.

1,378 new confirmed cases

Very bad figures for a Sunday....cant read too much into them...will have to wait until Tuesday to get a better idea of how its going.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Very bad figures for a Sunday....cant read too much into them...will have to wait until Tuesday to get a better idea of how its going.

Ah Jaysus.....

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

Doh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

2944 cases last Sunday. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

So lets compare them to previous Sundays then. Hows that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ya miserable fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m taking the figures as a positive.

Be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lads don't entertain that particular poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well that's one way to get a rise out of everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

God damn it , I was hoping for 2000 plus cases , to continue the gloom fest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Eod100 wrote: »
    You'd want to be some lowlife to try that. Presume they're trying to get a list of people who live alone to burgle later. Scumbags

Info can be used for identity theft as well (saw another tweet of them asking for PPS numbers).

These people need to be caught and made an example of as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What sort of figures were you hoping for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Needlessly negative. If you are going to throw put a statement like that you could at least back it up.

If you compare the figures to previous days and even previous Sunday's, it's a marked step in the right direction.

No days figures should be taken in isolation but the negativity on this thread lately is so bad, that some people can't even recognise the little bits of positivity that we do have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

With this level of decline we should be out of level 5 by the end of February

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gael23 wrote: »

With hospitality open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭C__MC

Early reports suggest RTE are gutted with tonight's figures

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Kalyke

C__MC wrote: »
    Early reports suggest RTE are gutted with tonight's figures

George will be devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Eod100 wrote: »
    You'd want to be some lowlife to try that. Presume they're trying to get a list of people who live alone to burgle later. Scumbags

I doubt they'd take on anything as high risk as that. Visiting people's home would leave them very vulnerable to being physically caught. Particularly by a scam bait. They just want secure personal details. Id wager the calls are coming from the usual call centres outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I remember mid-November we had a peak of 1,200 cases and our case numbers were hovering around the 900 mark but construction and schools were kept open, if this trend continues logic suggests we should be able to open those in early February

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Last Sunday was 2946, Sunday before was 6886...
    1378 is heading in the right direction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Todays cases are 20% of the Sunday cases 2 weeks ago

There was backlog there

Still positive, let's hope it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Be interesting to see the swab figures, hard to know is it good or not until we see those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Stheno wrote: »
    With hospitality open?

Everything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I’m taking the figures as a positive.

Be gone.

Well, they did test positive......

I'll get my coat

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

7 day average is 2125 case per day. 10335 less cases this week than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Good numbers today. As you'd expect to see after 3 weeks I guess. The trends looks very positive.
    I also think the snow has lifted people's spirits.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Everything but.

Don't see it tbh

Schools back and construction open is probably likely but not much else imo by end Februaey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement