Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I know people should go. But if it was me falling and breaking a leg, I wouldn't be going.

With a broken leg you wouldn't be going to A&E , really ?? I find that very hard to believe seeing as you wouldn't be able to walk and risk long term damage.

Not going to A&E with a significant injury is just foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I wouldn't go to hospital with a broken leg while covid is rampant. I'll get over a broken leg, i may not get over covid. It will probably heal improperly, but that's what I'll pay for not catching covid.

Are you a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

When is the new restrictions due to come into place I.e. construction. Will they let construction have the rest of the week and start early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I wouldn't go to hospital with a broken leg while covid is rampant. I'll get over a broken leg, i may not get over covid. It will probably heal improperly, but that's what I'll pay for not catching covid.

I know you like attention but even by your standards this above is bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

I totally agree about the northern builders travelling down every morning in groups, in fact very few travel down alone. I work in a motorway services station and about 30% WONT wear a mask when they come in, even when asked to. They might be more compliant and respectful of other people’s health after this lockdown, but i doubt it.

The number of people saying about Northern Builders..there is a large number of Northern worker on the south - do people realise that despite these people paying tax in the south, they are not entitled to PUP, and will get no money while the sites are closed..(some get universal credit in the North of £95 a week, if they don't have a partner).
    This is the same for all cross border workers, construction, hospitality, manufacturing, offices etc, no entitlement to PUP

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2990ts1jx5vwv93lbg6fwextqglf90y8spe8ivpg1o&rid=giphy.gif

The people who believe that we are counting the flu in our covid numbers are absolutely mental. Some seriously unhinged sociopaths on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Apologies to those having a bad day but here's Scally again. It actually seems a bit deranged.

https://twitter.com/RTENewsPaulC/status/1346764609760456705

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You’ll get over a broken leg?
    Further proof this has to be a parody account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

GreeBo wrote: »
    MM and LV should be clamping down in that alright, should be a single designated communication protocol.

Varadkar to clamp down on leaks?
    That’s like asking a fox to mind the henhouse.
    He’s worse than a fcukin sieve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I expect if you crunch the numbers, the outcomes for an untreated broken leg are considerably more dire than for covid. Yes, a broken leg can kill you. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. No, you won't just "get over it".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

hmmm wrote: »
    The message which I think should be communicated is that this is the worst of it, it's heads down everyone and let's get through the next few months until the vaccines begin to make a difference. I don't want to see any TDs breaking ranks.

We can afford to borrow and keep businesses and people supported for a few months.

People should get out and go for a walk to keep themselves sane. Despite the cold it's a beautiful time of year, it's very quiet but you can feel a sense of anticipation in the air from nature waiting to spring back.

Mod category checks out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

:D:D:D:D

Brilliant!!!

Take chances with every single thing that could hospitalise you except covid!!!

Gangrene, meningitis? Nope ill take my chance with that because i could catch coivd !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

trixi001 wrote: »
    The number of people saying about Northern Builders..there is a large number of Northern worker on the south - do people realise that despite these people paying tax in the south, they are not entitled to PUP, and will get no money while the sites are closed..(some get universal credit in the North of £95 a week, if they don't have a partner).
    This is the same for all cross border workers, construction, hospitality, manufacturing, offices etc, no entitlement to PUP
    Would southern workers be entitled to it if working up north for a northern company?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

The biggest mistake we've all made is actually entertaining this nonsense about the leg over the course of a few posts. Worse fools us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Are you a troll?

Why does it matter what I decide? It's not your leg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Username checks out. :pac:

You’ll get over a broken leg?
    Further proof this has to be a parody account.

Why does it matter what I decide? It's not your leg. And sure you said yesterday you didn't care but now you do if I have a broken leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If you're not at the wind up you genuinely need to take a step back from all this. You are much, much more likely to have long term issues from an untreated broken leg than you are from Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Why does it matter what I decide? It's not your leg.

Apply that same logic to people who don’t take Covid seriously.........

• Advertisement

Why does it matter what I decide? It's not your leg. And sure you said yesterday you didn't care but now you do if I have a broken leg.

No still don’t care, but it will be easier to recognise you off Boards. Won’t be that many dragging a deformed leg about the place. ;-)

Comic relief, can’t be serious all the time. After Paddygreen was taken from us we only have this left for amusement.

Feel free to put me on ignore. I thought you said you were going to put me on ignore a few months ago. But here you are, any chance you get to pull someone up and twist what they say and call them a WUM.

Feel free to put me on ignore. I thought you said you were going to put me on ignore a few months ago. But here you are, any chance you get to pull someone up and twist what they say and call them a WUM.

Nope wasn’t me, you’re confusing me with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

polesheep wrote: »
    That's largely down to there being little or no flu.

In addition to the drunks and the fools that don't actually need to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

No still don’t care, but it will be easier to recognise you off Boards. Won’t be that many dragging a deformed leg about the place. ;-)

After that humdinger I don't think anybody will be taking OP seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Im in Spain where curfew is from 11pm to 6am. No big deal here. Got used to it quick enough.

Everything is closed so the curfew doesn't make a lot of difference.

I definately think this needs to be implemented in certain areas, the law abiding public who have jobs to get up for, come home and work from homes and have no problem with this unfortunately you have a certain element of society that stay out all hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

It's fairly clear that the opening of hospitality prior to mass migration back to family homes all over the country seeded this explosion.
    Old and vulnerable people were not able to shield from the spike as unfortunately the Christmas dinner does not offer the same protection as a bowl of chicken wing, against the virus.

Spiked massively in the going out demographic right before Christmas. I've heard of several situations like this in Dublin and very worried and or sick families.

So personal responsibility is a thing but when the gov signals it's grand a group of young people eager to get on with life will do so. Important to stress I don't blame them necessarily. People then deciding to have a proper Christmas with no real understanding of how an airborne virus spreads has lead to an explosion. If cases don't start coming down rapidly (I don't mean due to not testing people as is happening) then the variant is probably at play. This is effectively a superposition of waves. i.e the hospitality wave + Christmas wave + the variant wave.

Complete **** sandwich / perfect storm if that is the case.

https://twitter.com/dazult_pdempsey/status/1346231070598066177?s=20

It's fairly clear that the opening of hospitality prior to mass migration back to family homes all over the country seeded this explosion.
    Old and vulnerable people were not able to shield from the spike as unfortunately the Christmas dinner does not offer the same protection as a bowl of chicken wing, against the virus.

Spiked massively in the going out demographic right before Christmas. I've heard of several situations like this in Dublin and very worried and or sick families.

So personal responsibility is a thing but when the gov signals it's grand a group of young people eager to get on with life will do so. Important to stress I don't blame them necessarily. People then deciding to have a proper Christmas with no real understanding of how an airborne virus spreads has lead to an explosion. If cases don't start coming down rapidly (I don't mean due to not testing people as is happening) then the variant is probably at play. This is effectively a superposition of waves. i.e the hospitality wave + Christmas wave + the variant wave.

Complete **** sandwich / perfect storm if that is the case.

https://twitter.com/dazult_pdempsey/status/1346231070598066177?s=20

No, it's clearly the UK strain, now officially at 25% of all infections. Most likely higher.

Ireland opened twice before and never saw figures like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Helen McEntee tested positive. She's young so will hopefully be ok.

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1346775576699428864?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good thing she got result before Cabinet meeting today

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1346775576699428864

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement