Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids account and online play

Options
  • 06-01-2021 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Hi, my young lad got a switch from Santa and wants to play online with friends/cousins. In the initial set up on Xmas morning, we set up a kids account for him linked to my email address.

We then uploaded 65 quid of vouchers he got as presents and bought the online sub for 20 euro. When we try to get him into online play it won't allow him as it's a kids account.

We considered deleting the account and setting up as an adult one, but we would lose the vouchers that has been uploaded.

Nintendo's help and website is an endless feedback loop that doesn't seem to help at all.

Anybody got any advice on how to resolve or go about getting this fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hmmm. I think you will need the family online subscription whereby you set up a Family Group with you as the head and your son's Nintendo account as part of it. You can then assign two of the memberships (you get eight I think) to both of you and your son will then be able to play.

As you have already used your email address for the child account, you will now have a bit of a faff to sort this out. You will need another email address to set up a new family group and then there is a setting/link to move a child account from one group to another. Apply the family Online sub to the new group.

I've no idea if the vouchers etc. on the child account will carry across.

For obvious reasons, Nintendo don't allow under-13's to go online on unsupervised accounts.

https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/nintendo-accounts-for-kids/

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Account/How-can-I-transfer-a-child-account-to-another-admin-family-group--1439593.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Thanks for the response, we're in the process of setting up an email address for him and creating an account. Will then link it to my existing family group and upgrade to family membership. Hopefully that'll alleviate the issue. We will just use the vouchers for games that will not need to be played online.

Advertisement