Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists with extremely bright white lights flashing

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm not really sure what you expect us to do. We aren't out to police public roads. I regularly see Dublin Bus drivers breaking red lights (often several seconds after they have turned red) but I don't feel the need to start a thread over in Commuting & Transport hoping other bus drivers will tell them to 'cop on'.

If I came across him at a lights I'd have absolutely no issues telling him to cop the f on....

It's not just blinding vehicle users.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If I came across him at a lights I'd have absolutely no issues telling him to cop the f on....

It's not just blinding vehicle users.

If I was being blinded by another road user I would stop until the risk has moved off. Driving while dazzled is dangerous.

If I was being blinded by another road user I would stop until the risk has moved off. Driving while dazzled is dangerous.

Doesn't help when it's on your side of the road and he is in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

At this point would it be worth suggesting that if anyone doesn't wanted to be blinded by a muppet cycling around with a white strobe light facing backwards, they avoid Connolly Station every weekday morning at 0720-0722 and Donnycarney church around the 0730-0733? its only 5 minutes per day?

07Lapierre wrote: »
    At this point would it be worth suggesting that if anyone doesn't wanted to be blinded by a muppet cycling around with a white strobe light facing backwards, they avoid Connolly Station every weekday morning at 0720-0722 and Donnycarney church around the 0730-0733? its only 5 minutes per day?

I like that :-)

• Advertisement

Doesn't help when it's on your side of the road and he is in front.

Is the bus lacking brakes?

Is the bus lacking brakes?

Yeah their full of air

Sincerely apologize, they're full of air....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the one place I found that an issue was going home using the grand canal cycling track as the lighting is poor and the canal is 2 feet to my left, there was the odd clown with an over powered light that couldnt be arsed turning it down, I ended up getting a fitting for my op hiking torch so I could cancel it out as it were

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

There's plenty of guys using them on the cycle path out Clontarf/Sutton, it's actually dangerous this time of year when they're oncoming, the path is dark enough without being dazzled and trying to hold your line.

Etc wrote: »
    There's plenty of guys using them on the cycle path out Clontarf/Sutton, it's actually dangerous this time of year when they're oncoming, the path is dark enough without being dazzled and trying to hold your line.

I also find that stretch bad when along the wall heading towards Sutton. On wet days the car lights are dazzling and a dark shadow is cast by the wall. Could do with lights on the bike path side. Last thing that is needed is a super bright light in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement