Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Pregnant Baby No. 3

• 06-01-2021 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm freaking out. I was over a week late and so I took a test not really believing it was true but just to rule it out and it came out positive. It wasn't planned and I was pretty sure we were happy with just two. I have a four year old and a two year old already. They are a handful but brilliant. I know I'll get through it with a third but I just don't know who I will be at the end of it! lol! I had just gotten into exercise again this past year and was really enjoying having my body back to myself after the last few years of being pregnant then breastfeeding. I don't even know how far along I am. I did two tests, one of them was one of those ones where it estimates how far gone you are and that one said 3 months + but I'm so confused now because I had gotten what I thought was my period the previous two months. I kept saying all this past year how I wouldn't want to be pregnant and in the system with all the uncertainty around Covid and just feel so stupid for having let it happen after all. I am terrified of the idea of going into the hospital by myself for appointments and even for having the baby. The doctor can't see me until tomorrow morning so now I am just waiting. Suddenly feel exhausted and starving and nauseous since I found out! I don't know if that's all in my head or not. January and level 5 is really getting me down as well. Normally we'd be out and about and that's what helps pass the day being out and active but it's just so cold at the moment I don't have the will to take them outside and then we're just stuck in the house, not seeing anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You have options thankfully. Think through all of them.

I had a (planned) third two years ago and it wasn't all plain sailing. Life was definitely easier with two and it has meant extra expense and hassle. In the unlikely event I get pregnant again I wouldn't continue the pregnancy.

Don't listen to anyone who says you only regret the babies you don't have. Look at your own life and what you're willing to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Tulip24 wrote: »
    I'm freaking out. I was over a week late and so I took a test not really believing it was true but just to rule it out and it came out positive. It wasn't planned and I was pretty sure we were happy with just two. I have a four year old and a two year old already. They are a handful but brilliant. I know I'll get through it with a third but I just don't know who I will be at the end of it! lol! I had just gotten into exercise again this past year and was really enjoying having my body back to myself after the last few years of being pregnant then breastfeeding. I don't even know how far along I am. I did two tests, one of them was one of those ones where it estimates how far gone you are and that one said 3 months + but I'm so confused now because I had gotten what I thought was my period the previous two months. I kept saying all this past year how I wouldn't want to be pregnant and in the system with all the uncertainty around Covid and just feel so stupid for having let it happen after all. I am terrified of the idea of going into the hospital by myself for appointments and even for having the baby. The doctor can't see me until tomorrow morning so now I am just waiting. Suddenly feel exhausted and starving and nauseous since I found out! I don't know if that's all in my head or not. January and level 5 is really getting me down as well. Normally we'd be out and about and that's what helps pass the day being out and active but it's just so cold at the moment I don't have the will to take them outside and then we're just stuck in the house, not seeing anyone.

it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aurian_loh

I'm currently going through the pregnacy process with all the lockdown and restrictions on our first. So everything is new and scary and I have no comparisons for how things were before the restrictions.

I know that there is a lot of stuff in the news about people going to all their appointments alone and getting horrible news. Thankfully for us it has been standard run of the mill with no surprises. Therefore we have been lucky enough. I have found all the doctors nurses and everyone else I have encountered on my own to be fantastic and very aware that ideally you would have brought someone with you. My partner obviously does feel that he has missed putting but we have arranged our own private scans so that he can be somewhat more involved.

I know this is again from the perspective of everything running smoothly for us but I haven't felt like I am missing that support yet. Obviously labour will be a whole other story but I'm hoping that the vaccines may have had some slight improvement to things by then.

Ultimately this is only a decision that you and your partner can make. I too had just made a decision and effort to improve my eating habits and start exercising regularly when we found out. The tiredness put a bit of an end to that for a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

See your doctor, talk to them.You will come out at the end of it, I have 3, 2 years apart and it is hard, but you do find yourself again.But look....you are a person too, and honestly it is between you and your coping abilities.Be honest with yourself, and try not to rush into anything.And I think, don't be afraid to feel all the feelings, it is a shock if it wasn't planned.

Advertisement