Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Returns

Options
  • 06-01-2021 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I have been told that Argos are not accepting returns “due to Covid”.

I’ve checked the website and there is no mention not accepting returns.

Can anyone confirm that what I was told is malarkey?

Also this is what it says on the site regarding returns

Your proof of purchase.
    The item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition.
    Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition.

I’m the item I want to return is a cordless drill.

I still have the box, documents, aeroboard inserts, etc. but I don’t remember if there was any plastic wrapping on the drill.

The battery has been charged and I had a drill bit in it and drilled one hike in a piece of wood.

Would you folks consider this to be “used” ir fit for re-sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If you used it then it has been used, but up on experience Argos have been laid back with returns.

I bought a shed box that was 3/4 built before I noticed a crack, dismantled and brought it back and they didn't even check the box.

I also got a USB key which I plugged in only to realise it was the wrong one, again I put it back in the box and got a refund, they dont seem to check the items.

Previously Argos only operated a click and collect service and was open (presumably for returns) but with click and collect in the news to be not allowed Im not sure what Argos situation is as they don't deliver so its the only way to get products.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sdfsdfdf

I would consider it to be used. Not sure how they could offer it for resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

When did you buy the drill? They have to accept returns if it is within the last 14 days and it was an online purchase. Unless, of course, you bought it from the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your proof of purchase.
    The item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition.
    Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition.

I still have the box, documents, aeroboard inserts, etc. but I don’t remember if there was any plastic wrapping on the drill.

The battery has been charged and I had a drill bit in it and drilled one hike in a piece of wood.

Why do you want to return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why do you want to return it?

No longer needed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dav010 wrote: »
    No longer needed?

That thought struck me......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Your proof of purchase.

Argos are accepting returns in their stores covid or not.I have seen people queueing with returns.If the box/seals are broken it could be refused but most of the time staff don't look too closely.If purchase is more than a month ago,that's a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sdfsdfdf

Lux23 wrote: »
    When did you buy the drill? They have to accept returns if it is within the last 14 days and it was an online purchase. Unless, of course, you bought it from the UK.

Not if it has been opened and used. (Unless it's faulty).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

No, you can return any item within 14 days, that is the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

That only applies to distance selling. Click and collect in your local Argos isn't distance selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Thoie wrote: »
    That only applies to distance selling. Click and collect in your local Argos isn't distance selling.

Haven't clicked and collected anything from argos in years, is it just reserving or can you pay online?

If pay online dsr applies, if its simply a reserve then it doesn't and the 14 days is not applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No.

Firstly that only applies to distance selling, this does not appear to be such

Secondly, why you are allowed open for inspection, you cannot use the item

Thirdly, there are exceptions. Quite a few actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Haven't clicked and collected anything from argos in years, is it just reserving or can you pay online?

It can be either with argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

BeardySi wrote: »
    It can be either with argos.

Ah interesting, in that case its only distance selling if you pay online, so op if you just reserved it you're not covered for change of mind.

Advertisement