Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems with Three?

Options
  • 06-01-2021 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 32
    Jackomon

Anyone having connection problems with Three 4G since the New Year, I've being using it as an internet hotspot and it has being great, but since the new year, it seems to be going down a few times, it worked the whole day yesterday, but it has stopped working again today. Anyone know if there's anything going on such as 5G upgrades or anything else? For clarification, I have a Huawei P Smart 2019.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Anyone having connection problems with Three 4G since the New Year, I've being using it as an internet hotspot and it has being great, but since the new year, it seems to be going down a few times, it worked the whole day yesterday, but it has stopped working again today. Anyone know if there's anything going on such as 5G upgrades or anything else? For clarification, I have a Huawei P Smart 2019.

Yes, have been using a Three sim in a Huawei B315s router for a number of years now. It's gone to the dogs, especially as the day goes on. I'm lucky if I can get 1mbps at 8pm in the evening. When I queried it they told me that I needed a Sim plan specifically for BB (Previous one was a Calls/Text/Unlimited Data), I said sure we'll give it a go ............. same sh1te speeds as the day goes on, no difference between the two Sims, so blatantly lied to. The customer care will say try this and try that but they know very well what the problem is and they don't seem to care. Check their own "community pages" and you'll see its happening throughout the country

5G is all the operators big push now.

I've cancelled the plan again, yeah it's very reasonable at €30 a month but only if you actually achieve proper speeds........ I would have been content for now with 8-10mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

I have three also and get about 3mbps.
    my neighbour with Eir and working way better for him.I presumed they would all be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

fire_man wrote: »
    I have three also and get about 3mbps.
    my neighbour with Eir and working way better for him.I presumed they would all be the same?

They are completely different networks and hence will perform differently. If your neighbour is on Eir fibre, then there is no comparison with mobile. Even if on Eir Mobile - it is a different network. Eir & Vodafone are generally more careful to manage users that hog their mobile networks, by throttling users who exceed fair-usage thresholds. Three appear to encourage excess usage, with the result that everyone suffers. At the best of times, mobile network performance will vary with location and time-of-day - they are not really a reliable substitute for proper fibre access.

Advertisement