Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transmission of new strains

Options
  • 06-01-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Like many others, I am somewhat worried about the new strains of the virus, particularly in terms of greater transmission.

Up to the appearance of the new strains, the advice has been that outdoor transmission is less of a problem as long as people do not linger too long close to others.

Is that still the case, and if not, is it now inadvisable for me to do my daily suburban 1-hour stroll?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Like many others, I am somewhat worried about the new strains of the virus, particularly in terms of greater transmission.

Up to the appearance of the new strains, the advice has been that outdoor transmission is less of a problem as long as people do not linger too long close to others.

Is that still the case, and if not, is it now inadvisable for me to do my daily suburban 1-hour stroll?

I think Holohan's advice to act like you are infected is decent advice. Stay away from elderly relatives and stay within your own bubble. This should break chains of infection even if you become infected.

But there is no reason why you should live like a hermit and wearing a mask outdoors in my opinion is just daft. Some countries enforce it but generally its in public shopping streets.

So in summary continue with your stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks, TobeFrank. That sounds sensible to me.

Advertisement