Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping my mother change to 48 question - send help!!

Options
  • 06-01-2021 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

So with Covid on the loose I have undertaking the chore of changing my mother from her current provider three to 48. The sim arrived. Phase 1 complete. After a good 24hours she finally discovered how to break the sim down to the correct size for her phone. Phase 2 complete...barely.

Phase 3 - I’m not sure I will survive this. My mother has very limited knowledge of her phone. I signed in on her behalf online. I went through the stages for keeping her number and all was going fine until we got the the stage where 48 sent her a security code. She said it never arrived. I repeated the process 4 times now and still no code. What is going on? I assume they are sending this code to the number she wants to keep. Otherwise this process seems pointless.

To check she knew what a text actually was I sent her a text message which she received so she has signal and can receive text messages. I’m losing my mind and she is getting awfully stressed. She is talking about going into the phone shop but I do not want her leaving the house at all at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

If you're looking to swap a number to 48, you should be getting a verification code on your old sim to make sure you actually own that number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

IMO you should get a new number and try it out for a few days before porting her current number.

Not sure if you can go back and get a new number on that login when you already chose keep number but that's what I would do if it's still possible...see if 48 SIM works and then port in a day or two...or at any stage in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Yes her old sim i in the phone. Sorry. Should have said this.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Make sure you put the number in on 48's website right. Otherwise, it might be easiest to hop on the 48 live chat and they might be able to do it for you

Advertisement