Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Humour thread [Chat = 24 Hour Ban] - See OP for Thread Rules [Updated 04-02-21]

• 06-01-2021 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A humour thread?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9XHPgXWV3mCVixYxVUWLEDD9Gd2BowlfRpuoQ_h31qaq1wYmwozmuy_LyEQ

________________________***UPDATE***_______________________________________

Updated 04/02/2021
    With the amount of hilarious gifs, jokes, photoshops etc...going round, I think we could definitely do with a dedicated thread.

Some of the best ones on team threads get overlooked by posters who don't really venture into other teams' threads.

Thread Rules:

• The thread is for funny things; moments in games where things go bizarre, pictures of players doing crazy things, tweets etc that make you chuckle.
    • No Chat - chat will see a 24 hour forum ban applied - repeat offenders will get a longer ban
    • Otherwise, usual Soccer Forum rules apply
    • Humour is subjective, however attempts to or posts that reflect an intent to rile up rival fans is baiting and trolling.
    • Posts that appear to moderators as baiting or to antagonise others will be removed and sanctioned as appropriate [in the opinion of the moderators]
    • Yes - posts to LOL at results are baiting and you should share somewhere else instead
    • Yes - If you post something that would be card worthy elsewhere then cards will apply here also.
    • Moderators reserve the right to delete any post to help keep the peace.

For context, previous notes in relation to humour thread and why we need thread rules are below. The rules above apply.
    I hate censoring in this thread and saying "This is funny, this isn't". Humour is subjective and each to their own. At the same time, there's some posts which seem to aim at humour by launching attacks on a set of fans, which can also be seen as baiting. Post such as "X team's fans come out of their caves", or "X teams fans are trolling" may be funny to some, but are also highly likely to cause tension between posters on here in a way which many seem to want cut downs on (the most common complaints sent my way nowadays are people on both sides sick of this stupid one-up-manship that a small number of posters on both side seem intent on running).
    I know there'll be some who'll throw their arms up and give out that it's only "banter" or whatever. But I think the vast majority are just bored of this Liverpool/Man United penis measuring contest that takes over everything on here, and this is going to be a step towards calming it down drastically.

Comments

Advertisement