Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute SNA pay

Options
  • 06-01-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to make some enquires regarding substitite SNA payment

Example 1:

An sub SNA works 2 days a week for 6 weeks - The school/department of education pays for the 2 days per week worked, who pays for the remaining 3 days.

Example 2:

An sub SNA works 4 days a week for 6 weeks - The school/department of education pays for the 4 days per week worked, who pays for the remaining 1 day.

Example 3:

An SNA works 0 days a week for 6 weeks - Who pays for these days.

I know that substitute SNA's who cant get work get a payment amount equivilant to the dole, but is this paid by the department of education or is this job seekers benifit or other.

If it is jobseekers benifit in all situations then is there a time limit on this payment or is this payment indefinate as long as the SNA is registered as looking for work.

Last question:)
    Will the substitute SNA get a payment (be it a minimum payment equivilant to the dole) during the holidays or will they have zero income for 3/4/months of the year.

Many Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Hi,

I would like to make some enquires regarding substitite SNA payment

Example 1:

An sub SNA works 2 days a week for 6 weeks - The school/department of education pays for the 2 days per week worked, who pays for the remaining 3 days.

Example 2:

An sub SNA works 4 days a week for 6 weeks - The school/department of education pays for the 4 days per week worked, who pays for the remaining 1 day.

Example 3:

An SNA works 0 days a week for 6 weeks - Who pays for these days.

I know that substitute SNA's who cant get work get a payment amount equivilant to the dole, but is this paid by the department of education or is this job seekers benifit or other.

If it is jobseekers benifit in all situations then is there a time limit on this payment or is this payment indefinate as long as the SNA is registered as looking for work.

Last question:)
    Will the substitute SNA get a payment (be it a minimum payment equivilant to the dole) during the holidays or will they have zero income for 3/4/months of the year.

Many Thanks..

I know of a few sub SNA's who do the X's and O's through social welfare. I don't know the total ins and outs of it but I gather that it not only depends on the days worked, but the household situation aswell (single/married/dependents/other household income etc.).

As a single parent during my time subbing, I had an agreement with my local social welfare office that I would furnish payslips every 3 months, and my One Parent Family payment was adjusted accordingly. It meant that I had a consistent income weekly which would have been increased or decreased every 3 months, based on my earnings from work. I've never been on Jobseekers payment so can't comment on how that works. Maybe you'd have to go in every week with the X's and O's form?

As for holiday's, the school s closed, you wouldn't be working so for those weeks there's no reason why you wouldn't get social welfare as far as I can see.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement