Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler FGA question

• 06-01-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, this is my first time posting here, we recently had our gas boiler inspected and the RGI left my partner with a Non conformance notification. The problem is described as ( unable to FGA in service mode due to F22 error) the boiler is a Glow Worm Flexicom 18 cx. I would ring the RGI but he didn't leave a contact number on the notification, my question is could one of the RGI's
    who use this site briefly explain to me what the fault is and what work is required to rectify the problem. I would just like to have a better understanding before I engage an RGI to rectify the problem.

Regards

Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Kedders wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first time posting here, we recently had our gas boiler inspected and the RGI left my partner with a Non conformance notification. The problem is described as ( unable to FGA in service mode due to F22 error) the boiler is a Glow Worm Flexicom 18 cx. I would ring the RGI but he didn't leave a contact number on the notification, my question is could one of the RGI's
    who use this site briefly explain to me what the fault is and what work is required to rectify the problem. I would just like to have a better understanding before I engage an RGI to rectify the problem.

Regards

Brian
    Phone the person that called and ask if he tried to rectify that fault.
    Seems to be more than meets the eye going on here.
    Phone call should answer your query.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kedders

Wearb wrote: »
    Phone the person that called and ask if he tried to rectify that fault.
    Seems to be more than meets the eye going on here.
    Phone call should answer your query.

Tks, I'll ring bord gsis and see if they will give me his phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Kedders wrote: »

Regards

Brian

F.22 on the Flexicom can be one of a few different problems.
    It can relate to poor circulation, faulty sensor, low water pressure, excessive air in the system etc.
    If you contracted B.Gais to service the boiler he rightly tried to check the flue gas emmision levels while running the boiler at full throttle.
    This unfortunately highlighted the issue and caused the boiler to shut down indicating the fault.
    He was only there to service the boiler and wouldn't have had time to diagnose it as B.Gais operatives are usually running on a very tight schedule.
    You now need to get someone else to come out and figure out which issue is causing the f.22.
    If you are calling an RGI make sure to ask them if they are familiar with the Glowworm Flexicom and the associated issues with F.22 as it can sometimes be a bit of a head scratcher and you don't want someone who wastes time and money trying to work it out.
    Plus you will need them to complete the service and issue a certificate of conformance (cert 3) with a print out from a flue gas analyser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kedders

K.Flyer wrote: »
    F.22 on the Flexicom can be one of a few different problems.
    It can relate to poor circulation, faulty sensor, low water pressure, excessive air in the system etc.
    If you contracted B.Gais to service the boiler he rightly tried to check the flue gas emmision levels while running the boiler at full throttle.
    This unfortunately highlighted the issue and caused the boiler to shut down indicating the fault.
    He was only there to service the boiler and wouldn't have had time to diagnose it as B.Gais operatives are usually running on a very tight schedule.
    You now need to get someone else to come out and figure out which issue is causing the f.22.
    If you are calling an RGI make sure to ask them if they are familiar with the Glowworm Flexicom and the associated issues with F.22 as it can sometimes be a bit of a head scratcher and you don't want someone who wastes time and money trying to work it out.
    Plus you will need them to complete the service and issue a certificate of conformance (cert 3) with a print out from a flue gas analyser.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, I'll contact a RGI and make sure they are familiar with the boiler and the F 22 fault before engaging them.

Tks ðŸ‘

Advertisement