Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Beldray Cordless Vac

• 06-01-2021 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Saw this in Lidl today, deliberated for ages and searched Boards and other reviews. Not great but thought I’d take my chances anyway for €70.
    Plugged it in to charge.
    A couple of hours later, fully charged and plugged in, it spontaneously started - and can’t be switched off 🀣. Nothing was touching the on/off button, and pressing it won’t switch it off. It’s currently left in the furthest room from where we are, hoovering away noisily, to let the battery run down! And it will be returned to Lidl tomorrow for a refund!
    Anyone any recommendations for a cheap but effective cordless vacuum cleaner?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭iknorr

I done the same last year. Bought one from Lidl a bit more expensive.

I was amazed with it but then the problems started.

The issue is with the carpet head with the roller brush. It just keeps getting stuck and clogged with hair as the connection allows hair to wrap into the moving bearing.

Only option was to buy a new head but they are always sold out.

Bought a shark from argos on sale. 250 euro .its 10000% better are doing carpets with a 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thanks, OP. Bought 5.

Serious response - why would you post this in Bargain Alerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

chops018 wrote: »
    Thanks, OP. Bought 5.

Serious response - why would you post this in Bargain Alerts?

Couldn’t figure out where to post it. Couldn’t find a Lidl thread. It didn’t seem to fit into electronics thread. Tell me where it should be posted and I’ll happily copy, post and delete from here.

grazer wrote: »
    Couldn’t figure out where to post it. Couldn’t find a Lidl thread. It didn’t seem to fit into electronics thread. Tell me where it should be posted and I’ll happily copy, post and delete from here.

Consumer issues.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

Mod can probably help you move it to Consumer Issues

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

lau1247 wrote: »
    Mod can probably help you move it to Consumer Issues

Thanks hopefully mod will jump in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Thanks hopefully mod will jump in

I wouldn't have spotted it anywhere else so thanks for the heads up OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Saw this in Lidl today, deliberated for ages and searched Boards and other reviews. Not great but thought I’d take my chances anyway for €70.
    Plugged it in to charge.
    A couple of hours later, fully charged and plugged in, it spontaneously started - and can’t be switched off ��. Nothing was touching the on/off button, and pressing it won’t switch it off. It’s currently left in the furthest room from where we are, hoovering away noisily, to let the battery run down! And it will be returned to Lidl tomorrow for a refund!
    Anyone any recommendations for a cheap but effective cordless vacuum cleaner?!

This is a great bargain! A hoover that you don't have to switch on, and don't have to switch off and which is "hoovering away" on its own!

This is a great bargain! A hoover that you don't have to switch on, and don't have to switch off and which is "hoovering away" on its own!

LOL'd at this.

I actually got a Beldray cordless vac, presume similar enough model, from Dunnes last year. It's not great. But, it is handy to have to give the car a very quick hoover or an area a quick hoover. Not great otherwise. I had no issues with it as you described however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i see both the Lidl and Aldi cordless are available this week which one is best or are they both cr@p?😶

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

The Aldi Beldray one is €10 cheaper at €59.00. From what I've read on reviews they're a horrible company to deal with should anything go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and at 60 quid, it'll more than likely go wrong - you get what you pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

At €60 it will more than likely go, probably not built to last...depending upon use I'd say, care of hoover etc , but, as a second hoover...car hoover with a three year warranty that can tackle hard floors I can't see many downsides, ok, maybe dealing with the beldray company etc but all in all I think this is good value but only time will tell. Will post back if problems develop.

Advertisement