Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childs bike crank bearing

Options
  • 06-01-2021 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey im looking for a bit of help with a crank issue on a 12" kids bike. It will pedal fine for couple of metres and then locks up. Pedals are hard to push, I can free them and then it goes grand and locks up again.

Ive stripped it down and there is plastic bushing either side instead of bearings. Put it all together and its still doing it. If I wind the pedals back a few turns the pedals completly lock up.

The threads on the crankshaft are abit damaged and there is play in the bushing when all put together.

Would anyone know what I need to get/where to get the parts? I have myself all confused googling parts.

Its a 1 piece crank with 26T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭cletus

Could you take some pictures and post them up?

Advertisement