Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Song of the 2000's

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Me too, actually! I would have definitely thought she would have been in the final.

She must be gutted. :D

I'll try reaching out to her on social media and see how's she's holding up...

I vote for The Darkness, cos it's a good song, and the Kelly Clarkson song is one that I don't rightly recollect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

7-6 to Kelly!!

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

7-6 to Kelly!!

Clock is ticking....

anyones final....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

I vote for The Darkness, as it’s the only Christmas ‘classic’ out of songs listed here!

• Advertisement

It’s 7-7.

Talk about right down the wire.

Eeeeeeeeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Be still my beating heart :D

It's a draw! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Does the Vice President have a casting vote?
    Wrong forum?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Does the Vice President have a casting vote?
    Wrong forum?

I actually havent cast my vote yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I actually havent cast my vote yet....

A walk off vote... oooooh!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Am I in time? It’s been a mental day and I forgot about it. It’s Kelly for me if I’m in time!

Am I in time? It’s been a mental day and I forgot about it. It’s Kelly for me if I’m in time!

Think loughc said 9pm... but.... you could ask nicely!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Ooooh

DvB wrote: »
    Think loughc said 9pm... but.... you could ask nicely!!

Ooooooh I’m not sure I want to be a tie breaker ....

Ooooooh I’m not sure I want to be a tie breaker ....

Its going to VAR!!!!

THE DRAMA!!!

I’ll allow it

DvB wrote: »
    Its going to VAR!!!!

THE DRAMA!!!

Oh dear..... I’m so not able for more drama lol!!! I’m sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh dear..... I’m so not able for more drama lol!!! I’m sorry!!!

You’re in ;)

And a great reason too, busy little mirror :D

• Advertisement

Oooh this is so exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

According to my calculations and time limit, Kelly has won!

Yes I didn't get a chance but Ladies and Gentlemen our voted favourite Christmas song of the 2000's is;

Kelly Clarkson - Under the Tree.

I've added the lyric version of the video so we can all have a big singalong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

When are people going to learn, democracy just doesn't work! :)

Would have liked to see The Darkness win but the people have spoken.

just want to say fair play to Loughc for running this, it was a great bit of craic the last while.

Some time for some stats and facts on our tournament;

To not much surprise;

Our finalists were ranked in the seeding number 1 & number 2 respectively.

The darkness almost got knocked out in the first round by FAITH HILL, they made it through 5-4 but at one stage Faith Hill was leading.

The most votes Kelly Clarkson received against her was in the semi-Final at 4 votes.

She took out, Britney Spears, Christina Perry, Taylor Swift & Gwen Stefani to get to the final now that's some list of opponents.

Our last playoff song Winter Song made it to the Quarter Finals and was only 2 votes away from reaching the semis.

Like any of these knock out tournaments, the luck of the draw & who was online at any one time will have swayed it a certain way & whilst I'm not a fan of the winning song I always thought it was one of the bookies favourites so to speak.

This one still wont be going anywhere near my Christmas playlist though ;)

Next up 1980-1999 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

We demand a THIRD PLACE PLAYOFF!

Bring on the Quo with the guitars and blue jeans and Gwen Stefani in that slinky dress.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Loughc wrote: »
    I've added the lyric version of the video so we can all have a big singalong!!
    She has a lovely dress there too. :D

I can't remember the last time I wore something that wasn't work clothes, ratty jeans or pyjamas, hence the dress envy. :pac:

She has a lovely dress there too. :D

I can't remember the last time I wore something that wasn't work clothes, ratty jeans or pyjamas, hence the dress envy. :pac:

At least you’re wearing work clothes.

At the moment I alternate between tracksuits, lounge wear and jeans.

Jeans is for when I have visitors which so far this year hasn’t be allowed :D

• Advertisement

At this rate, you will be opening the door to the takeaway delivery driver wearing a tux. :D

Advertisement