Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Song of the 2000's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Kelly Clarkson!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Kelly Clarkson! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's a close call...
    Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree

My vote. No close call for me! Kelly's song is 10 times better than Britney's!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That was a quick sweep!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    That was a quick sweep!!

A very fast 5-0.

Kelly clarkson very popular this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Next up is;

Train - Shake Up Christmas

VS.

Christina Perri - Something about December

First to 5 or leader after 12 hours from now.

I'll go with Christina Perri, purely because I don't like the Train song.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Train - Shake Up Christmas.

I quite like that Christina Perri song though, wasn't familiar with it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Next up is;

Train - Shake Up Christmas

VS.

First to 5 or leader after 12 hours from now.

My vote above highlighted. I have heard that Train song before and I don't like it at all. On the other hand, this is my first time hearing Something about December and I really like it! Nice vocals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Christina Perri - Something about December.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Train- Shake up Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Christina Perri gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Bit melancholic but better than the Train offering.

It will be interesting to see if any of the songs which came through the playoffs round will manage to get past this round.

It will be interesting to see if any of the songs which came through the playoffs round will manage to get past this round.

Didn't Christina Perri's one come through the playoff round? Looking good to advance further here too if I've counted correctly.

Didn't Christina Perri's one come through the playoff round? Looking good to advance further here too if I've counted correctly.

She has advanced alright.

Initially I thought The Train came through the playoff matches but, when I had a look at the playoff matches again, neither song was amongst them, which means neither of these two songs came from the playoffs.

Christina Perri advances.

The Nature of the playoffs will make it tougher for them to advance. Much like Ireland when we make the playoffs :P

She has advanced alright.

Initially I thought The Train came through the playoff matches but, when I had a look at the playoff matches again, neither song was amongst them, which means neither of these two songs came from the playoffs.

Gas, no idea where I heard the Christina Perri song recently so, when seeing it here this morning just assumed it was in the playoff round as I gave them all a listen to give them their dues before voting.

Gas, no idea where I heard the Christina Perri song recently so, when seeing it here this morning just assumed it was in the playoff round as I gave them all a listen to give them their dues before voting.

It was mentioned during the nominations stage twice and one of them supplied a youtube video. That's probably where you saw it:
    shane b wrote: »
    I like Something about December by Christina Perri and December song by George Michael.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2LXXIX8ro

It was mentioned during the nominations stage twice and one of them supplied a youtube video. That's probably where you saw it:

Bingo!

• Advertisement

Next matchup.

It’s the battle of 2 modern day artist.

Taylor Swift - Christmas Tree Farm

VS.

Meghan Trainor - I’ll be Home

First to 5. Voting ends in 12 hours.

Taylor swift, christmas tree farm for me all the way.
    In fact if this progresses assume I'll vote for it above all others (in case I'm offline) as its my favourite of all the nominations :D

Its bizarre, as I'm not a fan of her music really, but that song has really grown on me the last couple of Christmas's

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Taylor Swift for me aswell :) Just a nice sing along song

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Taylor Swift.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Loughc wrote: »
    Next matchup.

It’s the battle of 2 modern day artist.

Taylor Swift - Christmas Tree Farm

VS.

Meghan Trainor - I’ll be Home

First to 5. Voting ends in 12 hours.

I'm not overly keen on either song but Taylor Swift's is the better of the two, so gets my vote.

Taylor with an early 4-0 lead here.

Taylor for me :)

Love both songs but Taylor Swift gets my vote.

And Taylor advances

• Advertisement

Next match up is;

Sia - Santa’s Coming for us

VS

Picture This - This Christmas

First to 5 wins.

Advertisement