Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Security at Leinster House to be urgently reviewed in light of Washington riots"

Options
  • 07-01-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 eyeforaneye

Notice in Irish Independent this morning: "Security at Leinster House to be urgently reviewed in light of Washington riots"

Nonsense. A lot of us in Ireland have issues with our politicians but to be honest none of them(not many anyway) descend to the imbecilic level of Donald Trump who single handedly caused insurrection to break-out on Capital Hill. Fears that groups could target Leinster House in a similar fashion to what played out in Washington overnight are baseless. Keep the focus on Covid and concentrate Government resources on expediting more vaccines into the country. We are lagging way behind Britain and the rest of the world and this will inevitably delay our recovery and increase short term unemployment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Give them all iodine tablets. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Shur they’ll hardly come over here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

There's a certain amount of Irish people who think they're American and seem to mindlessly copy everything they do. Just look at the anti-mask and anti-vax crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Give the security stab vests for when dee wall is poking them with her crutch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Rothko wrote: »
    There's a certain amount of Irish people who think they're American and seem to mindlessly copy everything they do. Just look at the anti-mask and anti-vax crowd.

And the BLM crowd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

is this a case of civil servants/politicians thinking they are important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yea and most of those wanna be air head Americans thought Trump was our leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

I hope that’s a p1ss take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

They're going to ramp up security by 50% I heard. They're going to have three Gards standing outside the gates instead of two:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Trump supporters are on the way as we speak.....

They are going to use oversized mega trucks, they plan on turning it into a McDonald's

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They just need to keep an eye on this forum. Any insurrection in Ireland is likely to be co-ordinated by one or two of our regulars....

:pac:

Anyone on for storming it for the craic?..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

Anyone on for storming it for the craic?..

I’m in as long as I’m first into the dail bar

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Only thing they aren’t anti is free money...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm not sure I see the connection between our Dail and American politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Didn't a guy ram a cement mixer thru the gates afew years ago? Think a security guard got injured. I imagine the caretakers of all parliament buildings around the world are at the same thing today

Didn't a guy ram a cement mixer thru the gates afew years ago? Think a security guard got injured. I imagine the caretakers of all parliament buildings around the world are at the same thing today

story-5705-5705-xlarge.jpg

McNamara's folly. A once successful property developer who had enough shortly after the economic crash. You can be sure those gates will receive a rattle by March if lockdowns persist.

I've seen Gemmas mob (another one that has lost reality) outside the GPO on many occasions heckling and stoking and protesting against all sorts. They are not a small crowd relatively speaking to inflict some damage on Leinster house. There are other hatefilled groups that join them aswell.

They have used the pandemic to gather more disenfranchised mentally fragile people into their ranks.

Leinster house are right to bulk up security. I think it's a prudent assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I've seen Gemmas mob (another one that has lost reality) outside the GPO on many occasions heckling and stoking and protesting against all sorts. They are not a small crowd relatively speaking to inflict some damage on Leinster house. There are other hatefilled groups that join them aswell.

They have used the pandemic to gather more disenfranchised mentally fragile people into their ranks.

Leinster house are right to bulk up security. I think it's a prudent assessment.
    They usually have reinforcements down there pretty sharpish if a crowd starts to form tbf.

Securing any building is fairly difficult without the use of heavy weaponry or a lot of manpower

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1347158821588840449?s=20

/whistles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

And the BLM movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-activists-breach-dail-gates-ff-td-demands-election-48937-Nov2010/#comments

/continues whistling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

McNamara's folly. A once successful property developer who had enough shortly after the economic crash. You can be sure those gates will receive a rattle by March if lockdowns persist.

They will if other countries are lifting restrictions and we are way behind in vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

story-5705-5705-xlarge.jpg

If anybody drives an articulated lorry/truck at or into Leinster House it simply needs to be considered an attack on democracy. A violent attack on the state, and its citizens as well as the people working there....

The state, democracy, it’s citizens, staff and elected representatives simply can and should repel any such act with force, ie. fûckin shoot them.. it would be prudent if a threat escalated against the state as well as barriers to have a trench dug either end to ensure no unauthorized vehicles could access Kildare st period...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If that mob were ISIS how many would be dead now? They have to up security everywhere. An armoured car at the Dail 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Just FYI. There are armed DF personnel in Leinster House. Just don't interupt during dinner time. They wont be happy.

Or at least bribe them with a few Snickers, might just open the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dee Wall (Gemmas sidekick) was saying before if they had the numbers they could storm the dail.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

We have them already. Gemma ODoherty and her followers

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Dee Wall (Gemmas sidekick) was saying before if they had the numbers they could storm the dail.

Jesus :pac:

That one would get a serious crack over the head with a baton anyway. Might awaken a few of her brain cells.

Advertisement