Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen

Options
  • 07-01-2021 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hello

Today i noticed this on my laptop screen i dont think it was dropped but since there's other people using it couldn't say for sure there seems to be glowing white part on the screen like pixel damage or something I'll try and upload a picture of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

Hello

Today i noticed this on my laptop screen(see attachment) can anyone tell me what it is not dont think it was dropped but since there other people using it I couldn't say for sure there seems to be white pixel damage or something?

Sorry this was only way i could see upload image

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

https://www.passmark.com/products/monitortest/
    try this program,

go to google search black wall image ,load an image of a black surface.

reboot laptop, hold down f8 key til safe mode menu appears ,
    select vga mode.
    is the spot still there,
    try changing resolution to 1024x768 .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could be a sign your gpu is damaged. I had similar issues that got progressively worse. Try hooking the laptop up to an external display. That will let you know whether it's the gpu or the screen itself.

Advertisement