Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest range.

Options
  • 08-01-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I was going to buy a cheap coffee pod/capsule machine the other week but because lost with all the different types and brands and flavours.

All I've heard before was nespresso, now I'm finding out that there are another's. Dolce gusto, tassimo and maybe others.

Can the pods work with all machines? or do you have to get a certain suitable type.

I like Starbucks and lavazza and wife likes Costa, can one machine do both. Can nespresso do everything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Phil.x wrote: »
    Morning all.

I was going to buy a cheap coffee pod/capsule machine the other week but because lost with all the different types and brands and flavours.

All I've heard before was nespresso, now I'm finding out that there are another's. Dolce gusto, tassimo and maybe others.

Can the pods work with all machines? or do you have to get a certain suitable type.

I like Starbucks and lavazza and wife likes Costa, can one machine do both. Can nespresso do everything?

I've the basic Tassimo years now. Every few months I'd buy a few different brands of coffees etc from the Tassimo site itself. Between free delivery and discount codes and offers it works out reasonable enough.

I suppose there are more modern and better machines out now but as it's only me that drinks it it suits me just fine.
    Check out the tassimo site yourself for some ideas,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Definitely not the case that all machines can handle all pods. Or even that any one machine can handle all pods. You'll never get a Nespresso pod to work in a Tassimo machine, for example, or vice versa. Dolce Gusto is different again.

I've had a basic Tassimo myself for about six years now. Might not have been my first choice, but my wife bought it as a Christmas present, so I had to put it to use for at least a while (!) and it's still going strong. Might be a good choice for you, might not....only you can decide!

Advertisement