Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

I would rarely get colds… maybe once every 3-4 years and that would be sniffles. Only had the flu once in my life… Nov 2018.

Maybe my own genetics.. Not so much family genetics as My mother, sister and brother were all hit hard with COVID

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Very normal.Could continue for a few weeks.I know a few people (myself included) that experienced that.Just keep sitting when you feel you need to.You will build back up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Became positive 2 days ago for the first time. Kinda hoped I was a modern-day Matt Damon. Just tired and a cough every once and a while. Nothing serious. I was worried about getting it for a while but it's nothing to be worried about from my point of view.

It's such a strange disease that people can end up in hospital but I just need to go to bed early.

First negative test today

First Tested positive on the 13th (daily neg tests for 5 days before due to close contact.) and Negative the 18th (today)

All in All I suffered a runny nose and some tiredness and vertigo but nothing else.

Hopefully that’s the end of it and I got off extremely lightly.

Get well folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I had it 2-3 weeks ago and it was pretty bad. 2 days in particular were a nightmare with a high fever, chills, headaches, nausea - you name it.

Coughing wasn't an issue until I was coming to the end of it. I've coughed more since testing negative than I did while positive.

What's really bothering me is the tiredness. It just won't go away. And it's a horrible tiredness where it's difficult to sleep. Hard to explain, but it's like a different type of tiredness. Anyone else still have this? It's a very frustrating feeling, was so tired earlier this afternoon that I lay down on the landing carpet and just felt like having a cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

I asked earlier in thread if anyone recommends a tonic/supplement etc to help in recovery

I am using sachets of the below..... €60 for 30 days. Don't know if it doing me any good but handy drink for bring to work anyway. It has been recommended to me a few times by others as personal recommendation means a lot to me. Can't do any harm...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CaboRoig

Having avoided it for two years plus, I finally tested positive last week. Didn't have very severe symptoms - a tickly cough which lasted a few days, a dull headache which lasted a day and a tired feeling which lasted maybe 5 or 6 days. Tested negative after 5 days.

Feel fortunate not to have suffered any worse than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm always tired so hard to tell :-( but after relatively light symptoms (except shocking sore throat) I have a different type of tiredness where I just want to go and lie down all the time.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Had an upset tummy on Sunday. Tested for covid and was clear. The first time i had covid i had a bad tummy for 3 days. Slight sore throat yesterday so tested again and positive. Much milder dose than the first time. Sore throat has gone already and have a slight blocked nose. Energy levels seem fine where i was flattened for weeks the first time. No brain fog like the first time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

I used zest active after i got covid the first time. I also started taking vitamin b and iron and all sorts. Since November I have had 3 chest and throat infections and now have covid again. So I gather these products don't really work in my case at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Not personally, but yes a close friend did.Can go on for several weeks afterwards.It did improve for her eventually.

Finally got the Covid after 2.5 years. Main thing is a terrible lower back pain and a tiredness that I blamed on a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I'm immunosuppresed, tested positive on Wednesday and was kind of anxious to see how it would go. Stuffy nose and a bit achey Thursday Fri and Saturday. Feeling better today nose clearing but only symptoms now is limited taste and smell.

Line on covid test very very faint today. Don't really know if that's any bearing on it nearly gone or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tested positive on Friday.

All weekend kinda just had flu like symptoms as expected. Sore head, stuffy, a few aches and pains, and worst of all is the cough. Fairly sore throat.

But it appears to be on the wane, and that's just after 3 days, so happy enough as long as it doesn't get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

I’ve had similar muscle pains from exercise before so put it down to that. Though deep heat did do the trick this time too..

Otherwise, fine now. Odd thing like intermittent runny nose and a tickly cough every now and then but I wouldn’t be stretching to call them symptoms. Hopefully on the home stretch now. The boredom of isolating far outweighing any sickness now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pinkpencil

Went to a two day wedding (Fri & Sat) and then to the all-Ireland on Sunday. Felt rough on Monday but assumed it was a bad hangover. My wife was looking after our 3 week old new-born for the weekend so I did all the night feeds on Monday and planned to for a few days to make up for the time gone. I was negative at 8pm on Monday. After a poor sleep with sweats and two diarrhoea trips, I tested positive on the Tuesday morning at 10.30am. I hope my new-born or his mommy don't get it. It was my first time and my wife has not got it before either. I'm currently isolating on my own in our home. We are both vaccinated and boosted. My symptoms so far are mild - sweats, bit of a headache and dry cough. I just fear for my young boy :-(

How long are people in isolation with the current strand? Do we have to wait until we get a negative antigen until we can go outside/meet out loved ones? Thanks.

Seven days but you can start the count from when you first get symptoms rather than the actual test and then take extra care for another 3 days. A lot of people still keep doing antigen tests which may show as being positive for a little longer.

When you can stop self-isolating

You should start to self-isolate as soon as you get symptoms of COVID-19 or get a positive antigen test result.

How long you need to self-isolate depends on the results of your test.

Find out what to do if you get a:

When you stop self-isolating after 7 days, you need to take extra care for another 3 days to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on.

There is separate advice for children who are isolating

After your 7 days of self-isolation

After your 7 days of self-isolation, you can go back to your normal activities.

When you stop self-isolating, take extra care for another 3 days.

You should:

• limit close contact with other people outside your household
    • wear a face covering
    • avoid contact with anyone who is at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19
    • work from home unless it is essential to go to work in person

Be especially careful in places that are:

• crowded
    • enclosed
    • poorly ventilated
    • hard to avoid close contact with people

Was still testing positive yesterday, Thursday, so 6th day into it.

Generally feel OK, just a tickly cough but it's very rare now.

Worst thing is my taste and smell seems to have vanished. Hopefully it'll not be away for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

You seemed to suffer from it they same way I did and continue to suffer the same.

I find myself so tired (all of a sudden) come about 8/9pm, but yet it could be 1am before I get to sleep and then I'm tossing and turning all night. I'm two weeks over it and and have yet to feel like I've had a good nights sleep.

I also have a really bad pain in my neck and shoulders, this is going to sound strange, but, it feels like my head is to heavy for them to hold and its just causing strain.

According to the HSE guidelines, will you go back to your normal activities after day 7? Even if you have a positive antigen.

I seem to be suffering from something similar. Its hard for me to say as I often lack energy anyway but certainly I can feel really tired now and not be able to get to sleep like I used to.

I also still occasionally have a weird smell related symptom. Its like any really strong smell comes with the smell of burning coffee, thats been going on since I first posted about 7 weeks ago. The smell thing is getting less and less

Well I worked from home this week, I'm sure the boss didn't fancy me being at work, potentially infecting others.

But intend to be back next week ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

That is rough.

You don't talk about vaccination.

Generally speaking maternal antibodies protect newborns for a while after birth .

Hope you're all ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

good Q - people seem to think one has to isolate till they get a -ve antigen test; this is NOT the case..

you only have to isolate for 7 days after the start of your symptoms.. (onset of symptoms day 0)...

for 3 days after you have to be care.. as per guidelines

after your 1st positive antigen test you don't need to do anymore.. ie: you do not have to isolate till you get a -ve antigen test..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

My husband tested positive on Tuesday, I got a very quick onset of symptoms on Wednesday, took an antigen which returned negative. Booked in for a pcr on Thursday (I'm pregnant with twins), got results yesterday from pcr which said negative. Did another antigen yesterday, negative again and finally this morning an antigen returned a positive result.

This is my first time getting it, I assume due to weakened immune system from being pregnant. I've a bad chesty cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, fever, sinus and tiredness and worse of all can't take much to ease the symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Tested positive this morning for the first time.

Couldn’t believe how quick the lines showed up, I had literally just finished putting the drops in and there was already a bright red line.

Saturday had a pain in my back or kidneys, Sunday tickly sore throat but thought it was just from sleeping with mouth open.

Nose is all bunged up now, headache that’s coming and going and can’t get a minutes sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Nose is switching between blocked to the hilt to then running like Usain Bolt.

Every so often get a bout of coughing then stretches of none at all.

Must have sneezed about 200 times alone in the last 2 hours.

Registered a positive antigen on the HSE site and today 5 new antigens arrived by post.

No idea if my taste or smell are gone, haven't had taste or smell in nearly a year.

• Advertisement

Anyone with blocked or runny nose or sinus issues from COVID , This nose spray worked wonders for me and should be available in your pharmacy.

Spray it up both nostrils and let it drip out for a few second before giving your nose a good blow.

Advertisement